Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
There is a thread under the exterior tab on this topic. Lots of ideas in it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Although Ohio has increased EV fees by $200, I'm contemplating one of the following, all available at this time for my Bolt:
NO FEULN
TRE HUGR
B FUDDLD
UPCHRGD
XTRA BUX
LECTRCL
My wife's a singer, and her Bolt's plate says 3 OCTAVS.
To see what a plate would look like, go to oplates.com.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Arizona only allows 7 character spaces, and nothing but letters and numbers (seriously AZ?), and all of the really obvious ones are pretty much taken. I have a list of ideas, but I'm open to others!
I have Colorado plate on my 2018 Bolt: LECTRIC

·
Registered
161 Posts
I find this thread counterproductive.
If I have a great idea but haven't gotten it yet, someone may steal it.

If I already have it, you can't have it.

I guess all 50 states could repeat the same plate. 🤔

·
Registered
13 Posts
Arizona only allows 7 character spaces, and nothing but letters and numbers (seriously AZ?), and all of the really obvious ones are pretty much taken. I have a list of ideas, but I'm open to others!
I don’t know of any state that allows more than 7 letters/numbers, and only NH allows special characters. Are there others?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Consider yourself lucky. Here in British Columbia we only get 6 characters...
I randomly got '065 SSS' when I plated up a used Beetle in 2013. It's now on the Bolt. I have decided I can never leave BC, or I would have to give up my SSS plate.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
I randomly got '065 SSS' when I plated up a used Beetle in 2013. It's now on the Bolt. I have decided I can never leave BC, or I would have to give up my SSS plate.
I got "CF104A" for my camperized van. Of the several plates I was presented I chose that one because the CF104 made it easy to remember. I think of it as the Canadian version of the F104: CF104, eh?

But what was even better was when I went to Google "CF104A" to see if there really was an "A" variant of the fighter jet. That's when I discovered that "CF104A" is the hexadecimal RGB colour code for the actual colour of the van (or pretty close, at least). Being an IT guy I thought that was the coolest thing ever.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I don’t know of any state that allows more than 7 letters/numbers, and only NH allows special characters. Are there others?
Calif. allows hearts and hands and plus sign and star if you pay extra and zero (zed naught) if you are a ham radio operator. (O with slash). I think they also allow comma or periods, but not sure on the last.

·
Registered
51 Posts
You could keep the front one, so long as you don't move to Ontario or Manitoba.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought my Prius in 2008 -- when Katrina jacked the gas prices to $4 / gallon. I think it's ugly. It became known as my "Ugly Putt-Putt Prius". Rolls off the tongue nicely.
I happen to find the Bolt I just bought ugly as well. "Butt Ugly Bolt" rolls off the tongue nicely but it's too crass for my taste. Still, my car's nickname is BUB (or sometimes the BUB). Which leads to my license plate idea that I'd never actually do:

BLTUGLY

Please -- all in good fun here. Please don't get mad because you think the Bolt is Beautiful.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts