Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
The Bolt may not be beautiful, but sure hope it ain't Prius ugly. I'd have traded a few inches of height for a little more width. That alone would make the Bolt easier on the eyes.
Yeah, the tall/skinny look is not for me. I'd rather have a car that is wider and lower too. The Bolt looks like a Honda Fit when it could have just as easily looked like a VW GTI.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm considering NO FEULN. Singing wife's plate 3OCTAVS for her vocal range. In Ohio, we were hit with $200 upcharge for EVs, $100 for hybrids.

·
Registered
82 Posts
"Only" $200....here in MI (where the car was designed and built I might add) we're hit with $400 EV surcharge on our license plates (grrrrr).

Dayle

·
Registered
26 Posts
"Only" $200....here in MI (where the car was designed and built I might add) we're hit with $400 EV surcharge on our license plates (grrrrr).

Dayle
You know I do kind of understand that extra charge, given that we pay no gasoline tax (which in many states is used to maintain the roads, which we DO use). No one likes to pay taxes, and it would be more fair if it were by the mile, but...

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
You know I do kind of understand that extra charge, given that we pay no gasoline tax (which in many states is used to maintain the roads, which we DO use). No one likes to pay taxes, and it would be more fair if it were by the mile, but...
After Arkansas hit us with a $200 charge as well as raising gasoline tax, I did the math. Even with the higher gas tax, a low fuel economy car driving 15,000 miles a year pays about $100 in gas tax in Arkansas... so we are getting hit with double the tax of a gas guzzler.

Keith

·
Registered
25 Posts
After Arkansas hit us with a $200 charge as well as raising gasoline tax, I did the math. Even with the higher gas tax, a low fuel economy car driving 15,000 miles a year pays about $100 in gas tax in Arkansas... so we are getting hit with double the tax of a gas guzzler.

Keith
Ohio gas tax is $.28/gallon. Average mileage is slightly less, so let's say 25 MPGx13,000 miles traveled. That's far short of $200, or more. It's punitive.

·
Registered
26 Posts

Keith
Wow! At least in NH, $200 would be the state tax paid on 830 gallons. The rest depends on how far you drive and your miles/gallon, as you say. All the more reason that neither the gas tax or the EV tax is particularly fair. In both cases, it should be based on miles driven (with maybe a factor for weight of the car). Anyway, good point. Thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
But back to the point of this thread: My plate is LOWCO2 and has been since I first got a Prius 20 years ago. I've also see a LOCO2. That one is easy to misinterpret!

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Mine say CHRJD UP (Bolt) and BAT INCL (Volt).

My electric motorcycle (conversion) says simply ECYCLE.

I submitted an application for my plate choice on my 2008 Honda S2000: YTF NOT. I got a nice form letter in response from the CA DMV, denying my request, even after my explanation that it was a joke between my wife and I, and meant "You're Too Fat...NOT". They didn't buy it...

·
Registered
14 Posts
In California, I had OFFGAS on my Leaf. Sold the car, so maybe still available? 🤔

[edit] Actually, It was OFFGASS, as the simple version was taken. Same easy to decipher message. 😇

·
Registered
517 Posts
In Florida,I just renewed a personalized plate for 2 years for $124.95 including small service charge for renewing online and using a credit card. W/O the personalized plate,it would have been well under $100.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Does anyone else have a leased Bolt? Apparently you have to request a letter from GM Financial (which I only found by accident on their extremely user-unfriendly POS web site) in order to obtain personalized plates. Arizona MVD does't even acknowledge the car in my MVD account, and when I put the VIN into the personalized plate request, it says I can't do anything because there is a lien on the vehicle (duh, that's what a lease is...). I filled out the form and emailed it back to GMF, so we'll see what happens.

It also doesn't help that AZMVD just upgraded its entire computer system from a 1980s mainframe to a more modern machine, so nobody there has any idea how anything works.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts