Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Yeah, real electron desert up there in Modoc. But our cousins installed a couple Tesla Destination chargers at their B&B, and I used his welder socket with an adapter and the OEM EVSE. Still, it took two whole days for the car to charge up!

We looked at the Susanville route, but L2 only.... Every city worth the moniker (village or town could be exempt) should have at least one DCFC. Even if no one in town owns an EV.
Tesla was supposed to install a Supercharger in Susanville, but it looks like that plan might have been scrapped for whatever reason. Electrify America told me that my suggestion for building a DCFC site in Susanville had been green lit, so hopefully we see one there soon. The Safeway and Walmart are the two most likely locations (I'd be fine with either, as I'd typically be stocking up on supplies in town).

·
Registered
361 Posts
Tesla was supposed to install a Supercharger in Susanville, but it looks like that plan might have been scrapped for whatever reason. Electrify America told me that my suggestion for building a DCFC site in Susanville had been green lit, so hopefully we see one there soon. The Safeway and Walmart are the two most likely locations (I'd be fine with either, as I'd typically be stocking up on supplies in town).
That's good news. Susanville is a nice town and a helpful location. I'd hope they could eventually cover the whole US-395 corridor north. Burns, OR and Hermiston, OR do already have DCFCs, so Susanville, Alturas and John Daly, OR would be a big help.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
That's good news. Susanville is a nice town and a helpful location. I'd hope they could eventually cover the whole US-395 corridor north. Burns, OR and Hermiston, OR do already have DCFCs, so Susanville, Alturas and John Daly, OR would be a big help.
Yeah, Alturas would be another good location. We also need coverage heading up SR-139 to Klammath Falls (which needs its own site as well). So basically, in California, I'd like to see another site in Adin on 139 and Alturas on 395. On the Oregon side for 395, I'd like to see another site in Valley Falls.

Basically, including Susanville, we need to see another five sites go in in that region to make Northeast California and Southeast Oregon passable for EVs.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts