Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a list of buyback and tradeup offers or denials by state and date? If not, perhaps a summary thread can be made here for those who requested such for cars subject to the fire recall. The following type of summary may help:

State/province where car was acquired:
State(s)/province(s) where you lived while the request was being considered:
You acquired the car new or used:
Total age and mileage (and, if used, how long and how many miles you had it for):
Date of initial contact to request buyback or tradeup:
Date of offer or denial:
Offered buyback yes/no; if yes, what formula to calculate offer:
Offered tradeup yes/no; if yes, terms of tradeup (formula to calculate valuation of your car against what price of replacement car):
Any other information that may be relevant:

·
Registered
13 Posts
In IL, I was denied a buyback in May-21. It was a 2019 (Sept 2018 build) with 15k, purchased new. I sold it to Carvana at a steep loss in May. I had zero confidence in GM's fix then. GM concierge said their legal dept makes the buyback based on the state's lemon laws. They could care less about anyone's safety.

·
Registered
341 Posts
In IL, I was denied a buyback in May-21. It was a 2019 (Sept 2018 build) with 15k, purchased new. I sold it to Carvana at a steep loss in May. I had zero confidence in GM's fix then. GM concierge said their legal dept makes the buyback based on the state's lemon laws. They could care less about anyone's safety.
Ha. I believe it. Fortunately, PA has a tough lemon law.

·
Registered
314 Posts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts