Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are the metro areas. I'll start with the three I know. I hope that others will post updates as the rollout in the Northeast, and hopefully elsewhere, continues.

San Francisco
Los Angeles/Orange County
Portland

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
Ontario, Canada
But nobody know when the Bolts will be delivered. Could be around April or May.
Some guy on FB that's somewhere in Canada said he expects his Bolt either late this month or next month.

Add Maryland to the list of states that can order Bolts. My local dealer has 3 on order, and other dealerships in the area have reported they have ordered their first Bolts too.

·
Registered
734 Posts
People love posting to social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook. Much easier to post on those than a forum like this so we should keep our eyes on those too for whatever shows up.

Surely dealers will take advantage of social media in that way, if they're smart.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I doubt I will ever see a Bolt in AZ anytime in the near future. These are the only states where you can buy a Volkswagen E-Golf - California, Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington, DC. I am sure those are the states GM will heavily target first. My guess is any leftovers will then be allocated to other states. If the tax incentive is lost it will put a Bolt out of my price range. Which sucks because I just wired my garage with a 60 amp circuit for an electric vehicle.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey bro1999,

What dealership in Maryland please?
I live an hour below Atlanta and I want to go ahead and order one to be shipped to me.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,561 Posts
I doubt I will ever see a Bolt in AZ anytime in the near future. These are the only states where you can buy a Volkswagen E-Golf - California, Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington, DC. I am sure those are the states GM will heavily target first. My guess is any leftovers will then be allocated to other states. If the tax incentive is lost it will put a Bolt out of my price range. Which sucks because I just wired my garage with a 60 amp circuit for an electric vehicle.
Seems like you're just across the boarder, so just get a one way plane ticket, get a Bolt over at this Rydell place in Northridge and drive it home. Your local Chevy dealers will eventually carry them, so service work will eventually be able to be done locally. probably by the end of the year. This way you can take advantage of the tax credit for sure.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey bro1999,

What dealership in Maryland please?
I live an hour below Atlanta and I want to go ahead and order one to be shipped to me.

Thanks
Mine is on order through Criswell Chevrolet in Gaithersburg, MD. Joey Ryall is a great salesperson.
I would recommend however that you confirm whether your local Chevy dealer is able to service the vehicle prior to ordering one. I found that there are Chevy dealers that are not certified on the Bolt, even if they are on the Volt and will not provide service.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks Michael,

I'll give them a call.

I'm not too worried about the service right away, although I have thought about it.
I'm guessing they might be available in Georgia sometime later this year.

Also, an Atlanta dealer told me that they had some Bolts coming in around Feb. Now that's hard to believe.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks Jeff,

Georgia will be this Fall I'm guessing. Atl dealership was BSing as I thought.

Guess that I'll go ahead and get my Maryland order in for March delivery. That's what the dealership said anyway.
I already have my 240 volt, 30 amp power supply installed from when I had my two-year almost free Leaf deal, so I'm ready to order.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks Jeff,

Georgia will be this Fall I'm guessing. Atl dealership was BSing as I thought.

Guess that I'll go ahead and get my Maryland order in for March delivery. That's what the dealership said anyway.
I already have my 240 volt, 30 amp power supply installed from when I had my two-year almost free Leaf deal, so I'm ready to order.

Bought mine from California. Shipping from Maryland to Georgia will probably be a lot less. But one thing to consider is the DOC fee. In CA it is limited to $80, but most other places it is whatever the market will bear. Could easily be $600-900. It is just extra profit for the dealer. And since got $1k under MSRP from a dealer in CA, it is still much less expensive to buy from CA.

Biggest concern will be if get into situation where service is required. Ellis Chevrolet in Atlanta is supposed to be selling the Bolt, but not sure when they will have their service dept up to speed.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Almost but no cigar!

I called Rydell in Calf, since they have $1000 off msrp and the cheap $80 doc fee.
After going back and forth with them through emails, they found an arctic blue, Premier with the infotainment and Driver confidence II package that was in-transit to them.

They asked for a $1000 credit card deposit which was fine with me, then they emailed back and said that they just got the word NOT to sell out of state!

I'm guessing that they are moving too well or that they get some type of kickback for selling it local. Maybe its too much work for them???

Maryland is my next choice. No $1000 off of msrp, or $80 doc fee, but the transport fee is only $600 compared to $1000 from Calf.

·
Registered
34 Posts
bro1999,

So you paid Calf registration fees and then they let you purchase out of state? Then you have to register it in your state when it gets delivered and pay the taxes?

They told me to do the same thing to get mine shipped to Ga, but how much did that cost to register it there and how much trouble will it cause down the road if any?

The Rydell sales rep said that the one problem is emissions. He also said that they let some orders slide early on, but Chevy put a stop to out-of-state sales today???

·
Registered
70 Posts
bro1999,

So you paid Calf registration fees and then they let you purchase out of state? Then you have to register it in your state when it gets delivered and pay the taxes?

They told me to do the same thing to get mine shipped to Ga, but how much did that cost to register it there and how much trouble will it cause down the road if any?

The Rydell sales rep said that the one problem is emissions. He also said that they let some orders slide early on, but Chevy put a stop to out-of-state sales today???
You are right, as of today, no more out of state shipments. Told me that GM said lack of service center in Georgia would be a problem. Hopefully, will not need any servicing until 150k miles, and any software updates can come over the air. BUT, if I do have issues, closest dealer will be over 100 miles away in Atlanta, and that may not be until 2nd or 3rd quarter of this year. No dealers in Columbus, GA planning to sell or service the Bolt. So for now, gonna be an around the town vehicle. No road trips yet. Mine was loaded up on a truck today, is moving southward, now near Long Beach, CA. Hope to have it in a week. May be the only one in Georgia to have one for quite a while.

The registration fee for CA was minimal. Will get it registered and pay local taxes in GA once the paperwork has been received by my local DMV. Did this last year with my 2016 Volt, and it was no problem.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Rydell told me that I could still get one if I registered it in Calf first, but I thought that you'd still have to have a friend or relatives Calf. address to use.
Or do you have to get creative maybe?

So if ordered from Calf;
$1000 cheaper plus $500 less on doc fees = $1500 minus the $350 Calf registration fees, then $1000 to ship it to East coast.

Or

Order from Maryland which is just 700 miles from my house; $1000 more on msrp, $500 higher doc fee, but only $600 to ship to me.

And of course Calf has the exact Bolt that I want, or will in one month.
Maryland could be 12 weeks wait time.

So approximately $770 saved going the Calf route as opposed to Maryland, but I'd probably get it faster.

Decisions, decisions.

·
Super Moderator
2,561 Posts
Rydell told me that I could still get one if I registered it in Calf first, but I thought that you'd still have to have a friend or relatives Calf. address to use.
Or do you have to get creative maybe?

So if ordered from Calf;
$1000 cheaper plus $500 less on doc fees = $1500 minus the $350 Calf registration fees, then $1000 to ship it to East coast.

Or

Order from Maryland which is just 700 miles from my house; $1000 more on msrp, $500 higher doc fee, but only $600 to ship to me.

And of course Calf has the exact Bolt that I want, or will in one month.
Maryland could be 12 weeks wait time.

So approximately $770 saved going the Calf route as opposed to Maryland, but I'd probably get it faster.

Decisions, decisions.
What you're missing here is that you will have to pay CA sales tax which can range 7.5% to as much as 9.5% depending on county and city you are "based" in. This tax is assessed on the sale price, so before the federal tax refund. The only consolation is, you would also be eligible for the $2500 CA rebate. You would have to have a CA address to do all this. I'm not sure if a PO box would work or not.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts