Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 Bolt EV Premier,,,3200 miles,,,since the weather has been getting better my miles per KW has gone up,,on my normal commute to work I'm getting 4 to 6 miles per KW and sometimes 8,,,,today it did 16 and then 12 and then back to normal. But now when it's in drive or reverse there is a load humming noise on the left front and I can hear a swooshing sound,,like when new tires are put on and the label is still on the tire it will make a swoosh sound when it rolls over the pavement. Any ideas, should I take to the dealer?

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
2019 Bolt EV Premier,,,3200 miles,,,since the weather has been getting better my miles per KW has gone up,,on my normal commute to work I'm getting 4 to 6 miles per KW and sometimes 8,,,,today it did 16 and then 12 and then back to normal. But now when it's in drive or reverse there is a load humming noise on the left front and I can hear a swooshing sound,,like when new tires are put on and the label is still on the tire it will make a swoosh sound when it rolls over the pavement. Any ideas, should I take to the dealer?
loud humming? may be the pedestrian warning system. now that's it warmer, maybe you have the windows down. that makes the pedestrian warning sound very noticeable.

·
Registered
302 Posts
The pedestrian warning disappears at 14 mph and the silencing is quite noticeable. So listen for that to see if that is what it is.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ended up taking it to the dealer,,,they told me it was the Pedestrian Alert System! They couldn't tell me why on the Efficiency History screen when for the last 2 weeks the car has been doing 4 to 6 mi/kwh,,,but this week it had 2 spikes of 16 and almost 12. I have attached a pic have anybody been getting these results?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I ended up taking it to the dealer,,,they told me it was the Pedestrian Alert System! They couldn't tell me why on the Efficiency History screen when for the last 2 weeks the car has been doing 4 to 6 mi/kwh,,,but this week it had 2 spikes of 16 and almost 12. I have attached a pic have anybody been getting these results?
just wait, when you go down a mountain pass that's five miles long. then you can hit the limit of 252 or something near there.

·
Registered
622 Posts
If I properly understand your question, and based on the image, that is totally normal. tailwind, downhill, slower driving, no AC or heat, etc. The "spikes" are small 5 mile samples that get blended together to show a "representative average" I put that into quotes because if you read the thread by @stanwagon he showed it is not a mathematical average.

As @XJ12 said, just wait until you get a long downhill without any heat or AC, take a picture of those spikes!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
wonderbolt
Chevy Bolt EV Forum
We’re the Largest Chevy Bolt EV Online Community and Owner's Club. Join to discuss sport mode, reviews, battery range and charging!
Full Forum Listing