Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm not new to the car buying game, so I know the advertising games dealers play. However, this savings is reflected on every Bolt. Seems like a VERY competitive price for an LT.

Current Offers

• MSRP $38,780
  • Simi Savings 1 - $2,000
    Simi Savings1
    • Disclosure: Applies to in stock or in transit vehicles only. Dealer installed accessories extra.
  • Sale Price $36,780
  • Bolt EV Lease CCR 2 - $3,500 Expires : 5/1/17
    Bolt EV Lease CCR2
    • Disclosure: GM Financial lease CCR - must lease with General Motors Financial
    • Expires: 5/1/17
  • Simi Sale Price $33,280
  • Savings $5,500
Disclosure

·
Registered
862 Posts
In another post, you mentioned that you have a 100 mile round trip commute. How many miles a month/year will you put on the car?
Leases generally max out @ 15K/yr, and overage is usually .25/mile.

Leasing may not be the best choice?

I can't speak for So Cal pricing specifically, but $2K off of MSRP on an LT with DCFC seems reasonable.

Leasing is much more involved and there are plenty of topics discussing that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree, but mileage only matters if you plan on turning the vehicle in at the end of the lease. I have been leasing vehicles for almost 20 yrs and have never had a problem. I keep my vehicles in excellent shape. I usually buy out the lease before it's end date then either trade in or sell privately. For example, my 2015 Colorado has 62K miles on it and if I traded it in today, I'd owe $20,446 on it. Low blue book is $24,309 and hig is over $25k private sale, and mid $23K trade in. That will cover the cap reduction cash owed at signing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The deal seems pretty good. I am kind of kicking myself, because if I had waited, I would now get the $3500 CCR instead of the $2500 I got in March.

My deal at that time was $38,640 with $3040 off the MSRP, down to $35,600. With the $2500, that brought it down to $33,100. MF was 0.00072. I put $2500 down because we get $2500 rebate in California, making net $0 down payment. After fees, tax and such, that came out to $290/month for my 3 year/36k miles lease.

If all things equal such as getting the $3040 off the MSRP, the $3500 CCR would have brought my payments down to $254/month. Sadness...oh well.

I would see if you can bring that deal to several other dealerships and see if they can beat the $2000 savings. Maybe to $2500 or more. Can't hurt to pit them against each other to get your business. Maybe they'll bite and give you more off given the news about how the Bolt is selling poorly in March.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
I agree, but mileage only matters if you plan on turning the vehicle in at the end of the lease. I have been leasing vehicles for almost 20 yrs and have never had a problem.
You should be aware that some electric vehicles have had a history of depreciating rapidly and being worth substantially less than the lease buyout price. It wouldn't make a lot of sense to buy the lease out if that turns out to be the case, and then you'd have to eat the charge for the excess mileage.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Looks like the lease is not showing the $7500 federal rebate that GM is pocketing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts