Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I set up location based charging so it would not start charging at my house until off-peak utility rates start at 10pm. This worked for about 3 weeks but then we started noticing the Bolt charging during on-peak hours. I checked the configurations and nothing had changed. I had to force an override to get it to stop charging and then it worked OK. It worked for another week but it happened again yesterday.

Anyone else having this issue? Any known fixes? This is annoying since I now have to manually plug it in at 10pm to avoid charging during peak rates.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Been working for me but admittedly I haven't tested it extensively. What about rebooting the Infotainment computer? I think it's done by holding the mute button. One question is I don't know if the Infotainment system shuts down every time you turn the car off? Presumably, in which case this may not make much difference.

Regardless there's a controller just for the charging, that is always powered presumably (since you can always plug it in). I assume the Infotainment loads your schedule into this controller, for some reason that isn't working properly.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Hello, I set up location based charging so it would not start charging at my house until off-peak utility rates start at 10pm. This worked for about 3 weeks but then we started noticing the Bolt charging during on-peak hours.
I believe that if you plug it in, unplug it and then plug it in again it will override any scheduled charging you've configured and start charging immediately. Is it possible that you inserted the plug in a way that may have made a bit of a briefly intermittent connection?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello, I set up location based charging so it would not start charging at my house until off-peak utility rates start at 10pm. This worked for about 3 weeks but then we started noticing the Bolt charging during on-peak hours.
I believe that if you plug it in, unplug it and then plug it in again it will override any scheduled charging you've configured and start charging immediately. Is it possible that you inserted the plug in a way that may have made a bit of a briefly intermittent connection?
Hmm, could be since it's a tight fit with the plug. I will test later today and see what happens. Any idea if this resets after a certain amount of time being unplugged? I would think it would reset back to programmed parameters after a minute or two.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, I tried this and it wasn't the problem. The car just started charging at 5pm and I absolutely plugged it in on one clean push. I'll try the reboot thing from the other comment. Next, the dealer.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
OK, I tried this and it wasn't the problem. The car just started charging at 5pm and I absolutely plugged it in on one clean push. I'll try the reboot thing from the other comment. Next, the dealer.
One last shot in the dark - is it possible that your "home" location has gotten reset somehow? If so, and if the scheduled charging parameters only apply to the "home" location (not sure if that's true or not) then it could explain the immediate charging.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Someone on the Forum said that the Bolt uses GPS to know where it is (despite NOT having built-in GPS navigation) and does not rely on your cell phone or OnStar. If thus is the case, could one not park (garage below house with cinder block walls or below ground & house) where the GPS signal is not received well enough to tell the Bolt that it is home? It then assumes you are "away" (maybe its last known location) and charges accordingly. Should we set "Home" out in in the driveway? Or would this still not help?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts