Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Bolt LT, bought in early October of 2019. It's got about 3,600 miles on it, since I've driven it very little (but some) during the pandemic lockdown time.

I like the silver buttons on all door handles that lock and unlock the doors. But yesterday these buttons completely stopped LOCKING the doors. I have to fish the key fob out of my pocket and lock the doors with the fob. The buttons work fine for unlocking, but they will not lock.

I know from other discussions and the manual that I can set the car up to auto-lock when I walk away, but I'd rather not do that right now. The only thing I've been using my car for is to pick up a car full of groceries every couple of weeks and unloading them into our "disinfection routine" when I get home. I'd rather the car not lock until I'm done with the whole procedure.

Has anybody experienced this? Is there a setting somewhere that got changed? Why are my door buttons not locking the doors?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Check your fuses under the steering wheel.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Duh. Never mind, I figured it out.

I'll keep this thread here, as well as this post, since I didn't immediately find anything in the manual that specifically addressed this. (It's probably there, but I didn't find it.)

My hatchback lid was not completely closed from unloading the car yesterday. As soon as I closed the hatchback, the push buttons started working properly.

I realize now that this is a good "warning signal" that the hatchback was not fully shut. (Well, that plus the indicator on the Driver Information Center in the instrument cluster; but I, of course, didn't see that until I sat in the car and started it up again.) I now know that if I can't use the door-handle buttons to lock the car, something--probably the hatchback--is not fully shut.

I was able, however, to use the key fob to lock all the doors--without knowing that the hatchback was not fully latched. So I think I'll keep using those door buttons to lock from now on, instead of the key fob.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Glad you figured it out. Was thinking maybe the keyfob was still in the car. Thanks for sharing. Pretty sure I'll do it some day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts