Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How easy is it to find 120v in parking garages? More specifically, long term places like cruise terminals. For example, we went on a cruise out of Charleston SC a few years ago, but didn’t own an EV then. I think I remember seeing 120v plugs inside their Parking structure. It’d be really nice to just leave the car on charge while we’re on our cruise. What about 120v outlets in parking lots of airports? We recently stayed in a hotel that had a 120v 20amp plug on every single lamp post. The outlets are ideal for long term parking because who cares if it takes two days to charge as long as the car is full when you return!

Folks, if you find 120v outlets in handy places, please add them to plug share. I recently added 120v outlets located near the entrances to our county’s rec complex.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Your EVSE will be stolen if you left it plugged in at a airport or cruise terminal. Like the video above says, just leave it above 50% and below 80%. My Bolt has been like this for 6 weeks now, no problem.

·
Registered
428 Posts
It would be nice to know if hotels had an outside 120V outlet that could be used for charging. I've seen people drive over the charge cord to discourage stealing the charger. I guess a determined thief would remove the tire...and so it goes...
BTW, I've stayed at the Holiday Inn in Charleston which has a Clipper Creek charger for guests.. Also a Tesla destination charger if you have an adapter.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Most those outputs were installed not for charging cars. Plugging in one may create trip hazard. You may be liable if someone trips over your cord and gets hurt.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
522 Posts
Our airport has 5 L2 chargers in short term parking that are free but parking is $18 per day. Not bad for a quick pick up or drop-off. I believe 1st 15 minutes is free of charge so not bad if you want to just add a few electrons. Not sure how this compares to other airports.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts