Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perhaps it’s just an artifact of how the site is loading on my iPhone, but the look and feel of this site appears to have changed dramatically since the last time I checked it (this morning). Was there a major software upgrade? I realize I’m just going to have to get used to it, but the old look and feel seemed more sensible(?)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Perhaps it’s just an artifact of how the site is loading on my iPhone, but the look and feel of this site appears to have changed dramatically since the last time I checked it (this morning). Was there a major software upgrade? I realize I’m just going to have to get used to it, but the old look and feel seemed more sensible(?)
Looks the same from here. (Windows 7 on desktop, Firefox.) But the two messed up apostrophes quoted above, looked that way in your original post.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perhaps it’️s just an artifact of how the site is loading on my iPhone, but the look and feel of this site appears to have changed dramatically since the last time I checked it (this morning). Was there a major software upgrade? I realize I’️m just going to have to get used to it, but the old look and feel seemed more sensible(?)
Looks the same from here. (Windows 7 on desktop, Firefox.) But the two messed up apostrophes quoted above, looked that way in your original post.
Wasn’t concerned about the apostrophes. It was the entire site that looked strange. Looks okay now. But earlier pages has a different look. Even reloading the pages made no difference.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts

Win10 and Firefox here. Latest versions of both. Look and feel has not changed at all for me.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mystery solved! Since I never visit the site with anything other than my iPhone, I have only ever seen the mobile version of the site. Apparently, yesterday the site thought I was using a non-mobile browser and so delivered that version of the interface, which is VERY different than the mobile version. So, I WAS right on both counts: what I saw was radically different than my normal experience with the site, and it was an artifact of how the site got loaded on my phone! 😉

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
Mystery solved! Since I never visit the site with anything other than my iPhone, I have only ever seen the mobile version of the site. Apparently, yesterday the site thought I was using a non-mobile browser and so delivered that version of the interface, which is VERY different than the mobile version. So, I WAS right on both counts: what I saw was radically different than my normal experience with the site, and it was an artifact of how the site got loaded on my phone! 😉
Gad! How does anybody stand looking at the internet on their phones? I will do it as briefly, as necessary, to get directions or some such. But hanging out on phone internet is as pleasant as getting sand in your eyes.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gad! How does anybody stand looking at the internet on their phones? I will do it as briefly, as necessary, to get directions or some such. But hanging out on phone internet is as pleasant as getting sand in your eyes.
It’s a combination of convenience and laziness. I suppose I could open a browser on a laptop and surf the internet with the full experience. But my phone is ever present, so I default to it first and use a computer secondarily.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts