Hi all, new to this terrific forum. Like many, I’m in the market for a used Bolt but having trouble finding dealers with cars that have received the new battery - or in some cases I have found dealers (apparently) willing to sell cars without replacement batteries but at high prices. Willing to go up to $20K depending on mileage, max ~45k miles, not too particular on color or trim/options though some of the additional safety features would be ideal. I am in the DC/MD/VA area, but willing to consider cars located within 200 miles, and for the right price farther if I can arrange car transport.

For further background, our situation is such: we have owned a Ford Focus Electric since 2014, but that car’s battery is pretty limited (85-90 mile range in ideal conditions the day it was purchased, roughly 65-70 now), and the 8 year battery warranty is soon to expire. Plan is to sell that car to Carvana and use the proceeds as a down payment on a used 2017 Bolt. Not too worried about the charging restrictions on the Bolt during the wait for the battery replacement - 80% of a 2017 Bolt’s range is way better than what we have with the 2014 Focus Electric. (Note we are also the more recent owners of a VW ID4, which we love - but with 3 drivers now in the house we have constant need for 2 cars, and the Focus Electric’s range limitation limits its usefulness as the 2nd car).

Thanks for any leads on either private party or dealer possibilities…