Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What tool do I need to loosen the bolts that hold down the front seat tracks? Haven't found a single reference to the seat track bolts after half an hour on Google and DuckDuckGo.

My goal is not to remove the seats, just to loosen one hold-down bolt on the passenger seat enough to slide a bracket between the bolt and the track, and then tighten it back down. Plan is to install a gooseneck arm to hold a large tablet.

[PS: I have a 280-mile one-way commute (one Chargepoint stop) and want to keep both cupholders open for their intended use -- so I prefer not to use one of those cupholder mounts. Suggestions on other mounting alternatives for the tablet are welcome.]

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
What tool do I need to loosen the bolts that hold down the front seat tracks? Haven't found a single reference to the seat track bolts after half an hour on Google and DuckDuckGo.

My goal is not to remove the seats, just to loosen one hold-down bolt on the passenger seat enough to slide a bracket between the bolt and the track, and then tighten it back down. Plan is to install a gooseneck arm to hold a large tablet.

[PS: I have a 280-mile one-way commute (one Chargepoint stop) and want to keep both cupholders open for their intended use -- so I prefer not to use one of those cupholder mounts. Suggestions on other mounting alternatives for the tablet are welcome.]
Seat track bolts are 50mm torx bit or you can use the 500 torx bit for seat belt bolts also.

·
Registered
2020 Bolt Premier
49 Posts
Seat track bolts are 50mm torx bit or you can use the 500 torx bit for seat belt bolts also.
Is that a T50 bit then? I only have small torx bits and need to get a set of the larger ones. I want to remove these as well to see if I can put some shims under the tracks. Really would like to swap in the 2022 seats, but don't know if the electronics will be compatible. I know I'd have to run power for the power seat motors, but if the connectors for the airbag and heater are going to be different, then that makes it tough. Hope the tax credits get reinstated and revised so I can just upgrade to an EUV!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts