Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What tool do I need to loosen the bolts that hold down the front seat tracks? Haven't found a single reference to the seat track bolts after half an hour on Google and DuckDuckGo.

My goal is not to remove the seats, just to loosen one hold-down bolt on the passenger seat enough to slide a bracket between the bolt and the track, and then tighten it back down. Plan is to install a gooseneck arm to hold a large tablet.

[PS: I have a 280-mile one-way commute (one Chargepoint stop) and want to keep both cupholders open for their intended use -- so I prefer not to use one of those cupholder mounts. Suggestions on other mounting alternatives for the tablet are welcome.]

·
Registered
989 Posts
What tool do I need to loosen the bolts that hold down the front seat tracks? Haven't found a single reference to the seat track bolts after half an hour on Google and DuckDuckGo.

My goal is not to remove the seats, just to loosen one hold-down bolt on the passenger seat enough to slide a bracket between the bolt and the track, and then tighten it back down. Plan is to install a gooseneck arm to hold a large tablet.

[PS: I have a 280-mile one-way commute (one Chargepoint stop) and want to keep both cupholders open for their intended use -- so I prefer not to use one of those cupholder mounts. Suggestions on other mounting alternatives for the tablet are welcome.]
Seat track bolts are 50mm torx bit or you can use the 500 torx bit for seat belt bolts also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts