Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Thanks for providing the most likely answer to the question/problem. I've been a car-and-tire guy for sixty years, so knew the pressure loss was not from temperature fluctuation. That it's not equal across the four tires is further proof the decrease is not a function of lower temperatures.

Now, to decide if taking it back to the dealer and having them demount, clean, remount and rebalance is likely to do more damage than the minor hassle of adding air once every few months.

jack vines

·
Registered
43 Posts
FWIW, the TPMS is a wonderful system forced upon us. Sometimes the guvmint does right by its citizens.

I've noticed the Bolt has lost 10%+ of air pressure over the three months we've owned it from 38 down to 34. A couple of my other cars with TPMS haven't lost any during that same span.

Anyone else noticing the Bolt new tires/wheels losing air pressure?

jack vines
My Bolt was losing about 2# per week in just one tire when new. I was too busy to take in in, just kept pumping it up. Over time (six months) that tire stopped losing air.
I had hoped that it would seal itself and it appears that it did.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
My Bolt was losing about 2# per week in just one tire when new. I was too busy to take in in, just kept pumping it up. Over time (six months) that tire stopped losing air.
I had hoped that it would seal itself and it appears that it did.
Good to know. I'll give it a while longer and keep monitoring it.

jack vines

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.