Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ours is a seven-month-old, 5,000-mile Bolt Premier. This morning in moderate (40-degree) temp, the right front TPMS reading went AWOL.

I own the relearn tool, so I can do it myself, but why should a less-than-a-year-old sensor go missing? The worry is our GM/Cadillac/Saab 9-4X has had the same TPMS dropping problem over the years, but less than one year is too soon for battery failure. Has anyone else had a TPMS drop-out with the Bolt? Is it a bug inherent in GM hardware/software?

jack vines

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ours is a seven-month-old, 5,000-mile Bolt Premier. This morning in moderate (40-degree) temp, the right front TPMS reading went AWOL.

I own the relearn tool, so I can do it myself, but why should a less-than-a-year-old sensor go missing? The worry is our GM/Cadillac/Saab 9-4X has had the same TPMS dropping problem over the years, but less than one year is too soon for battery failure. Has anyone else had a TPMS drop-out with the Bolt? Is it a bug inherent in GM hardware/software?

jack vines
I wouldn't be so quick to say bug unless this is happening to a lot of people. Sometimes, things just happen. Isn't it covered under warranty?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
$hit happens, you're covered under the 36K mi bumper to bumper warranty in any case.

Did you try re-learning it?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$hit happens, you're covered under the 36K mi bumper to bumper warranty in any case.

Did you try re-learning it?
Not yet. On non-critical problems, observation sometimes aids diagnosis. On the '11 GM, the TPMS comes and goes; sometimes fixes itself, sometimes requires relearning. Just watching to see how the '17 behaves.

jack vines

·
Registered
499 Posts
I wouldn't be so quick to say bug unless this is happening to a lot of people. Sometimes, things just happen. Isn't it covered under warranty?
This ^^^
$hit happens, you're covered under the 36K mi bumper to bumper warranty in any case...
and this^^^
Replace the one in the Saab and let Chevrolet replace the one in your Bolt. Problem solved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts