Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Bolt EV LT
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I've been noticing more frequently that when I back out of a parking spot and begin driving forward there's a hum (about 60hz ish) and vibration felt when accelerating, intensity of the hum is tied to accelerator pedal position. Power also seems to be a bit reduced. Only seems to happen when the car's been sitting for a while and I'm first taking off. Don't know if it happens when engaging drive first or only after reversing and then drive, but in 99% of my parking situations I have to back out of a spot so that's

This is new and the car will be going in for service at some point (going to be a ***** to replicate for the tech as it's only on the first accel after the car has been sitting for a while) but I thought I'd ask the community if anyone else has experienced this issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Justafew,
Same thing happen to me.
I confirm it's happening only with a full charged battery.
Once the battery is a little discharged, it stop.
The humm and vibration occur when the power demand reach a minimum level and continue to increase as the power demand increase.
l hope more Bolt owner will show up so we can have more weight on the dealer.
Have you went for service yet ?
If yes, what did they said to you ?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Could it be part of a diagnostic test during first acceleration after long (few hours) periods of idle? Maybe the system is running the fans and pumps as part of an extended power-on test. You can still move the car as normal, but you might hear more sounds as the fans and pumps take longer to verify working. Since this testing is not critical on every start of the Bolt, maybe that's why you only hear it when you first accelerate after your Bolt sits for a few hours powered-off?

Agree if this is reproducible behavior, it will be a pain to document the steps for the GM tech to reproduce. Hours of prep just to coax a symptom to appear is bound to deter a tech. It took so much trial/error/luck to get my 2017 Volt's Misfire to appear when a tech was in the car with me, followed by same time trial/error/luck for my tech to reproduce it on their own.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts