Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard a horrific squeal from my car and immediately drove to the closest dealership since mine was an hour away. My car was making a high pitch noise even driving down the highway. The car tech heard the noise and agreed that something was really wrong. I told them I was due for a tire rotation and they said they would do it for free after it checked out. My dealership also has been calling me for oil changes and I asked them if I could get a free oil change, but they said they couldn't offer it to me. The guy eventually caught on after I said I couldn't find my gas tank...

The guy working on my car came to me after 30 minutes and handed me a pebble and said this was causing all the noise, it was stuck in the brake rotor dust shield. This was the quickest tire rotation I ever had at a dealership! I am thinking that since there is no ICE it sounded louder than it really was. I have had this happen in cars before, but I could isolate the noise and it wasn't 10% of the sound. People were staring at me as I entered the parking lot because of the horrific sound.

I should have seen if the could have given the two recall updates, but I forgot. The dealership was next to a great brewery, so I wouldn't have minded a longer wait!

·
Registered
7,110 Posts
Yeah, I've heard the "pebble in the brake shield" story so many times on these forums now that it's the first thing that comes to mind whenever I see the word "squeal" in someone's description of a problem.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Thanks for updating us. For me, this was the first time seeing a pebble in the brake shield. Will keep it in mind for the future.

167 Posts
That is a typically amazing car owner experience. Thanks for sharing that. I had a an ICE SUV alternator load sensing connector become unlocked and fall out of its backshell. The ameter and everything using power started fluxuating in speed and intensity. I found it rather quickly and we were on our way.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
That is a typically amazing car owner experience. Thanks for sharing that. I had a an ICE SUV alternator load sensing connector become unlocked and fall out of its backshell. The ameter and everything using power started fluxuating in speed and intensity. I found it rather quickly and we were on our way.
:eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.