Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I am a proud new owner of a 2017 bolt here in canada,

When i am doing 1 pedal driving (which i rarely do because i do alot of highway) the car does not come to a complete stop all the time, forcing me to press the brake to stop the car from rolling The car only has 1000 km on it ,,

any one else experience this??

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Notice if it happens a) at any SoC (State of Charge) & b) if you are going downhill. At 100% charged, the lack of regenerative braking will keep the EV from coming to a complete stop. Using Hilltop Reserve (only charging to 90%) avoids this scenario. Also, even a moderate downhill slope can keep regen braking from avoiding “creep”.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I'm not addressing your problem, OP, but I would like to disuade you from relying on L for complete stops. At the least, consider hovering your foot over the brake anyway incase a panic stop is needed. If not to put up the red lights for drivers behind you, but to also have your muscle memory be primed to mash that brake pedal should someone hit you from behind. Could be the difference between entering the intersection and t-boned or entering the intersection and only getting the front engine compartment hit by cross traffic (which has the right of way).

I for one enjoy L and the regen pedal just fine but always press lightly on the brake pedal to ensure the red light stays on for drivers behind me. Nothing pisses off drivers more than herky-jerky braking (I hate it myself). My muscle memory will always have me mashing the brake pedal should ANY emergency arise. Sure, it's not the best solution for 100% of scenarios, but I'd say a good 99% of driving scenarios can be minimized in damage/casualty by applying the brake.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Hi all! I am a proud new owner of a 2017 bolt here in canada,

When i am doing 1 pedal driving (which i rarely do because i do alot of highway) the car does not come to a complete stop all the time, forcing me to press the brake to stop the car from rolling The car only has 1000 km on it ,,

any one else experience this??
Are you wearing your seat belt ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts