Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using cargurus to see how many used 2017 Bolt on the market and noticed recently the inventory is low and only independent dealers or non-Chevy dealers were listing the used Bolt. I assumed all Chevy dealers still have used Bolt on their lots but they just don't list them due to the battery recall. Do other people see the same? I am in SF bay area BTW.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm here in South FL & the inventory has not decreased at all. In a 300 mile radius there are 16 Premiers & 60 Lt's available in Autotrader of the 2017 model year. As far as Chevy dealers, they still post 2017 cars as hooks to increase traffic but they won't sell it to you once you're in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been using cargurus to see how many used 2017 Bolt on the market and noticed recently the inventory is low and only independent dealers or non-Chevy dealers were listing the used Bolt. I assumed all Chevy dealers still have used Bolt on their lots but they just don't list them due to the battery recall. Do other people see the same? I am in SF bay area BTW.
I've used every auto site (Cars.com Autotrader, Carvana, Shift, Vroom) and, yes, there's very low inventory on '17 Bolts under 20 grand in the bay area. But there's a low inventory on all used cars right now.
The Chevy dealership in Redwood City has there's listed but won't sell it because of the battery recall. They're just using it (I assume) to entice people to their dealership.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Bolt Premier
465 Posts
There are a handful on Carvana including one under $14k with 32k miles, but they’re not selling any of them that have a recall (they’re all on hold). Once released, they’ll be some seriously-good deals.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I'm getting ready to put one of my two 2017 Bolts up for sale but have been hesitating due to the recall. There are dealers selling them in VA without addressing the recall but I guess that would show up on a Carfax. Not sure what to do. It's sitting in my garage for over a month (with less than a 90% charge, of course) literally collecting dust. I haven't taken either one in for the recall since we always use hilltop reserve and was hoping to wait out the recall. But if they don't have a fix in the next month or so, I may have to put it on the market with the recall in place.

·
Registered
6,185 Posts
I'm getting ready to put one of my two 2017 Bolts up for sale but have been hesitating due to the recall. There are dealers selling them in VA without addressing the recall but I guess that would show up on a Carfax. Not sure what to do. It's sitting in my garage for over a month (with less than a 90% charge, of course) literally collecting dust. I haven't taken either one in for the recall since we always use hilltop reserve and was hoping to wait out the recall. But if they don't have a fix in the next month or so, I may have to put it on the market with the recall in place.
I'd offer to purchase it if I lived closer.

My guess is you're better off selling now private party than hanging on until the remedy is applied. There's a chance that prices will increase then, but more likely the flood of inventory hitting the market will reduce the price.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
How much are you asking and does it have fast charging?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.