Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.

Low Speed Noise Generator

72K views 155 replies 63 participants last post by  shocker 
On my Spark EV, the noise is so low I can just hear it in my garage with the windows down. Not a problem, IMHO.

One would be very foolish tom turn it off, due to the legal exposure. Consider the conversation in court after you injure a person with this pedestrian safety feature turned off...
"legal exposure"? There's nothing preventing the user from modifying their car with regards to noise makers. The auto manufacturers will at some point be required to put it on, but the user is not bound by that. I've made changes in hardware and software before that were not legal for automakers to have turned on (or off) but sometimes it's a simple as going into the computer and changing settings (or adding or cutting wires). If someone is injured, it would still who is at fault.

But.... It is safer to have it on. (think of the children... )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.