Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My lease on our 2017 Premier is up in October. Residual is $25,000. On Autotrader, new LTs are listed at within $2,000 of that residual. I searched the Chevrolet website and this forum and could not find any definitive listing of the differences. I apologize if I overlooked a thread on this topic. Any list of differences or a reference pointing to a source for that information would be appreciated.

Ron

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
JMHO, but if you've had a Premier, going to an LT, you'd probably miss the bells and whistles you've take for granted. Those with LTs mostly convince themselves the lower price is worth giving up frills they can live without.

jack vines

·
Registered
102 Posts
You lose the leather seats, the rear seat heating, birds eye view camera, rear view mirror camera, wireless charging. I think that everything else you can get in an LT. I would just figure that you can save about $2400 versus a premier if you load everything onto the LT, but you can save more if your willing to give up the convenience package and the two driver assist packages which are all about $500.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I would have liked to have everything but the leather seats. Cloth is a lot more comfortable especially at high and low temps at least for me. But I know lots of people gotta have leather seats. Anyway, I couldn't get the cool birds eye view camera and the mirror.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Birds-eye view is kind of a deal-breaker for me. Can't get that on a Tesla. I'm not sure I'm giving up much by just buying out the lease for $25K. My use-case doesn't require the extra range.

Thanks all for the info.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The majority of LT's I've looked at all came with three options on them: DCFC, Driver Confidence (1?), and Comfort & Convenience. This seems to be a fairly standard way the dealers are ordering them. And I thought people were picking these up for $25,000-$26,000 range (or was that B.S.?)

What about the "Infotainment" package? I see that added on the Premiers, but can you get that added on an LT? Haven't seen that one yet ...

To the OP ... what happens if GM reduces or even drops that $8500 rebate on the Bolts? Would it make sense to buy the new Bolt before the current lease runs out?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The majority of LT's I've looked at all came with three options on them: DCFC, Driver Confidence (1?), and Comfort & Convenience. This seems to be a fairly standard way the dealers are ordering them. And I thought people were picking these up for $25,000-$26,000 range (or was that B.S.?)

What about the "Infotainment" package? I see that added on the Premiers, but can you get that added on an LT? Haven't seen that one yet ...

To the OP ... what happens if GM reduces or even drops that $8500 rebate on the Bolts? Would it make sense to buy the new Bolt before the current lease runs out?
Assuming they do the three months early, I'll need to make my decision in June. Probably won't jump before that.

Ron

·
Registered
117 Posts
There are other small things that will be missing.
Like cup holders in the back (was it in the middle arm rest?) Or the armrest itself I think, if there are no cup holders in it.
I believe there is also USB charger in the back.
Rear heated seats are NOT available in any option on LT.
Rear camera washer. Sometimes helpful seeing how dirty it gets on my LT in rain.
Turn signals in mirrors. Another Premier-only thing.

Wheels (same size, but different pattern/colour).
Different car colours.
The LED in the dash.

Not sure what else...

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Not sure what else...
roof rails and chrome on the door handles. In 2017, the LT didn't have all the safety options that you can get now. So the Premier was the only option to get those. I really don't like having the roof rails. I have many better options to carry stuff.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Glad I got a loaded LT instead of a Premier. Not worth the extra money for leather seats that I can't stand.
Enjoying my loaded LT also. And enjoying the deal I got just as much at the end of January. I've had leather in 2 of my last 6 cars and it's not a "must have" for me.

·
Registered
516 Posts

Mine was $27,400 out the door, all in or whatever folks call it when it's in my garage. Mine had 3 packages and tint.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
JMHO, but if you've had a Premier, going to an LT, you'd probably miss the bells and whistles you've take for granted. Those with LTs mostly convince themselves the lower price is worth giving up frills they can live without.

jack vines
I very deliberately passed up all the frills, except DC fast charge, and heated seats. Still the most gadget loaded car we have ever had. Would happily lose the OnStar stuff above the mirror. It has been covered with electrical tape for 33 months now. I have all but perhaps two "features" turned off in settings.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Mine was $27,400 out the door, all in or whatever folks call it when it's in my garage. Mine had 3 packages and tint.
"Out-The-Door" (OTD) is the term most people use.

But what is the "Out-The-Door" price? To me - it's the number you paid just for the vehicle alone ... no taxes, tag, or title costs ... because those vary by state.

Was $27,400 what you paid for the vehicle alone? I've seen 3-package LT's advertised for $26,500, but it's really $28,500 because the dealer plays that trade-in game where they want you to give them a 2012 (or newer) vehicle with less than 100k for a measly $2,000! Laughable!

1 - 20 of 83 Posts