Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Chevy Bolt EV Premium - Metallic Grey
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was pretty easy...

Was thinking about selling these for like $5-10 plus shipping.

or I could sell the pattern which you can print at home and cut your own felt.

thoughts on if you like it and/or would buy it?

Road surface Asphalt Wood Gesture Grey

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
Does that really work, though? When I compared my RAV4 with the Bolt, the issue is that the Bolt dash is flatter, cause glare to cover a wide area. That, along with the windshield, is the problem. I have not put any dash covers yet. My Bolt has gray dash - unlike the whiter version that's the worst!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does that really work, though? When I compared my RAV4 with the Bolt, the issue is that the Bolt dash is flatter, cause glare to cover a wide area. That, along with the windshield, is the problem. I have not put any dash covers yet. My Bolt has gray dash - unlike the whiter version that's the worst!
You are correct. It is not revolutionary in helping glare. The benefit is slight... the gray felt shows in the glare but it is slightly less distracting than seeing the defrost vents and other details in the dash.

I will post more pictures of the difference tomorrow.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does the passenger airbag clear it?
The cover goes over the whole dash right up to the “Airbag” text on the bottom rightside of the dash. Put another way, it covers all the gray and ends where the white trim is.

my joke is.... Felt dash cover! For a softer airbag to the face.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt Premier
3,423 Posts
The cover goes over the whole dash right up to the “Airbag” text on the bottom rightside of the dash. Put another way, it covers all the gray and ends where the white trim is.

my joke is.... Felt dash cover! For a softer airbag to the face.
I wouldn't consider putting anything on the dash that could possibly interfere with airbag deployment. In a crash, it's all about milliseconds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts