Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice that when driving in the day in a very tree shaded stretch the display reverts to night mode. This is ok, however it did not automatically revert to day mode by itself once out of the shade even after more than a mile. Can't recall what I did but played with the screen icons to revert to day mode.

·
Registered
195 Posts
;)Light sensor, or lights on will change to night mode. Lights off, the sensor will decide.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I notice that when driving in the day in a very tree shaded stretch the display reverts to night mode. This is ok, however it did not automatically revert to day mode by itself once out of the shade even after more than a mile. Can't recall what I did but played with the screen icons to revert to day mode.
The light sensor is a little slow at changing the modes. It can be annoying at times.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sometimes I’ll go as far as 30 miles in broad daylight before the display switches to day mode. That’s kind of ridiculous...

·
Registered
544 Posts
Sometimes I’ll go as far as 30 miles in broad daylight before the display switches to day mode. That’s kind of ridiculous...
Can't say mine has ever taken that long to switch back. Normally I have about a 30 second delay of it switching back to day mode. For information I leave my lights on auto at all times.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
That is ridiculous. Are you sure by chance you passed under a second or two of shade to trip up the sensor into thinking it's momentary daylight and you're actually still in a tunnel (or whatever is causing the darkness for the autosensor to turn on the headlights)?

Like everyone else, it's usually 10-20 seconds before the auto dimming takes place on my Bolt.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I prefer keeping the display in night mode all the time.
Me too but it's still too bright when entering tunnels. I'd be pissed if it took 30 seconds to auto dim when in a tunnel. It's like it never dimmed at all and I'd be blind from the screens regardless if already in the night driving theme.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yesterday when driving back on a long trip instrument cluster went to night mode in full daylight and has not reverted back to day mode since. After charging overnight in the garage I took it out of garage and drove around the block and stopped in full sun for several minutes and still would not revert. Infotainment display switches from day to night display as expected.

When the error first occurred the infotainment center volume control did not respond to the volume "paddles" on steering wheel or if it did it was up to a minute delay. Volume dial for infotainment center also was minute(s) delay. Infotainment center seems to have solved itself after being powered down overnight.

I cannot see any settings available that would have allowed me to permanently switch the instrument cluster to night mode. I am using the "Enhanced" mode in the cluster.

Any thoughts on this?

2017 Premium Bolt

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
The instrument cluster can be switched between modes to have black text on a white background or vice versa. White text on a black background looks very much like night mode. I wonder if you've gotten the display into that mode inadvertently?

To check this, press the "button" icon (four coloured circles in a circle) at the top-left of the infotainment display, then press the "Settings" (gear) icon. Scroll down to near the end of the list of settings until you see "Display Settings" and press it. If the "Black Eclipse" colour scheme is selected then that's your problem.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
That is weird. Both the dash (Driver Information Center, or DIC) and the center infotainment screen should change at the same time time. There's no independent color scheme setting for the DIC or center screen. If you can get it to clearly show a nighttime DIC display with a daytime center screen, I'd take it to the dealer to have it looked at.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts