Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strange happening today. Started out from home, noticed that the main screen was dark. Pulled over, shut down the car, and re-started (the old "re-boot it"). Screen remained off after re-starting (no radio or bluetooth connection). Began to head for the dealer (Watson in Tucson), and about 5 minutes into the trip, screen came on spontaneously.

Got to the dealer. Service writer came out. Not much help. Suggested I just continue to drive and see if it happens again.

Anyone experience anything similar to this?

Ron

·
Registered
62 Posts
screen locked up

I turned car on ok but then noticed radio would not turn on / I still drove to store then in parking lot I turned car off / on and screen never turned off .
Then I remembered to open door and still screen stayed on . So i locked the car went into store and when i came out the screen now was blank and
all worked normal , radio was working again . Also when radio screen was locked none of the buttons worked except the a/c worked on bottom of screen .

Also I recalled something happened once with my Nissan Leaf when I started it up radio did not turn on and i can't recall if screen was blank too but it only happened once in 3 yrs i owned that car . Turning the leaf off/ on cured that problem after I drove it 15 miles with no radio .
These EV's may have some flukes . have to wait and see if this happens again with the BOLT .

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sean Nelson mentioned this in another room :
Handy tip: holding down the "Home" and "Next" buttons below the screen for 10 seconds will reboot the infotainment system, which usually clears these kinds of problems without having to turn the car off and on.

Also in my December Motor Trend they have a Bolt in long term test in back of mag and MT mentioned their infotainment screen also refused to boot up or gets stuck on welcome screen . They mention if you shift into reverse too soon after turning on car can also cause the infotainment screen to freeze but i have not verified this .

·
Registered
989 Posts
Strange happening today. Started out from home, noticed that the main screen was dark. Pulled over, shut down the car, and re-started (the old "re-boot it"). Screen remained off after re-starting (no radio or bluetooth connection). Began to head for the dealer (Watson in Tucson), and about 5 minutes into the trip, screen came on spontaneously.

Got to the dealer. Service writer came out. Not much help. Suggested I just continue to drive and see if it happens again.

Anyone experience anything similar to this?

Ron
Here's a TSB to help with the dealers being lazy. Tell them to reprogram it per TSB 17-NA-071
This has been out since March of this year. Your dealer is clueless. :nerd:

This only applies to vehicles built before Feb 6th 2017.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Here's a TSB to help with the dealers being lazy. Tell them to reprogram it per TSB 17-NA-071
This has been out since March of this year. Your dealer is clueless.

This only applies to vehicles built before Feb 6th 2017.
Any way to check the precise date of manufacture? Mine is just 2/17 on the sticker. Chances are it was after 2/6, but there?s still a possibility.

·
Registered
989 Posts
The dealer can run a VIS and it has that data. Call them and have them do it over the phone.
I would bet it still requires the software update based on this issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts