Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 2020 Bolt, with last year's 80% charge hobble software update, suddenly alerted to two issues, saying to schedule service now:

• Electric Drive Unit
  • Lithium-Ion Battery
I have the appointment next week, and am parking the car in the driveway until then. Super cause to worry? Because of my needs, I usually charge nightly up to the 80% limit.

·
Registered
Premier, Yo, with every goodie!
1,862 Posts
Why worry?
Don't you have a warranty?

Why not try it again?
Why not disconnect the Neg 12V battery post and do a Reset'O Things?

Do you really think the drive unit and the HV battery went bad? Or just a weird sunspot glitch?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Chevrolet Bolt
3,537 Posts
So my 2020 Bolt, with last year's 80% charge hobble software update, suddenly alerted to two issues, saying to schedule service now:

• Electric Drive Unit
  • Lithium-Ion Battery
I have the appointment next week, and am parking the car in the driveway until then. Super cause to worry? Because of my needs, I usually charge nightly up to the 80% limit.
In the app or on the dashboard? The app gives me errors all the time, although I keep my ODB2 reader plugged in all the time.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was alerted by the dashboard, with the exclamation on the car icon. The app then pointed to these two alerts. The diagnostic email which was later received only listed the motor and not the battery.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt Premier
4,230 Posts
In my experience, a lot of "weird" behaviors in EVs is caused by a weak or failing 12V auxiliary battery.

A 2020 should still have some life left in its PbA, but I'd check its health anyway.

·
Registered
2021 Nightfall Gray Metallic Bolt Premier
881 Posts
Mine just did it again. But when I turned the car off and back on and restarted the app everything came back good. To be on the safe side I think I'll stop by the dealership and see what they find.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts