Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I’ve owned my 2017 Bolt (Oct. 2017) I’ve wondered why the buttons on the drivers side that hold down the mat are not fixed. If you try to detach the mat in my car the whole carpet lifts because the buttons and the carpet aren’t held down to the floorpan. Is this normal on all Bolt’s? On other cars I’ve owned, the buttons seem to be firmly held to the floorpan.

·
Registered
575 Posts
When I replaced the original floor mats with ones from WeatherTech, I also noticed that the base rug and it's 'buttons' were not adherent to the metal chassis below them. I guess the designers figured the occupants feet would keep the base rug and floor mats in place.

If it bothers you, it is likely that you can use some adhesive to make the base rug adhere to the metal below it. I doubt there is any simple way to do this with fasteners, including screws to secure the buttons.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Yup, experienced the same thing after I ordered and installed the all-weather mats. I thought I broke the darned thing when I was uninstalling the carpeted ones. But yeah, it's definitely loose, alright. First time experiencing something like that. Also, in our previous vehicles, the implements were hooks, not that round nubbin found in the Bolt.

·
Registered
624 Posts
the carpet is pretty crappy. glad i went with the weathertechs, they make everything better, although the front lip does move around a little because of the terrible fasteners.

·
Registered
66 Posts
the carpet is pretty crappy. glad i went with the weathertechs, they make everything better, although the front lip does move around a little because of the terrible fasteners.
Every time i want to remove my Weathertech i get a feeling the carpet will comme with it.Carpet is not glued to floor

1 - 6 of 6 Posts