Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! Has anyone put appart the Bolt coooling system? What are the multiple hoses made of? Stiff like Nylon, or made in rubber?

·
Registered
748 Posts
From those I touched they are rubber, like a typical ICE car hose.

·
Registered
748 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Bolt
130 Posts
Check out the WeberAuto channel on YouTube. Prof. Kelly has torn down a Bold and put it back together too! Educational and entertaining.

·
Registered
748 Posts

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Hmm... Doesn't bacteria grow in antifreeze unless it's heated to the point that it normally is in an ICE? I know a lot of people have done water cooling systems for PC's and used antifreeze and it resulted in bacterial growth in the system because it didn't get hot enough to kill bacteria. They often use a bactericide to prevent this. Although I do think that if you have a high enough concentration of antifreeze, it's not a problem.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Hmm... Doesn't bacteria grow in antifreeze unless it's heated to the point that it normally is in an ICE?
It could if the system was open to the atmosphere and exposed to said bacteria.
At lest one bacterium would have to be present on dust or other particles that gets trapped in the system and then, with exposure to light (or not, for some) start multiplying.

You know, there are some bacteria that also grow in very hot environments.

All systems in Bolt are pressurized. Technically they are half open as when they warm up and the pressure increases, a release valve will open and not allow the pressure to build up above 5 psi (I think it was 5 psi...). Then; however, when it gets cold, like summer vs winter, the pressure drops and the internal pressure will be a little less than ambient. If it drops low enough, it will suck air from outside.
So in the end, yeah... you could potentially get something inside.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts