Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2787 miles on the little jewel and the range just is astounding.
Daily driver.
42 miles day round trip to work.

Today it is reading:
Max 370
mi 314
Min 257
Miles per kWh reading off the Iphone app: 5.1 miles

These are my highest reading yet, but we're to that time of year the heat/defrost will be required in the Pacific Northwest.
Expectation is this will go down to a winter low bottoming out in late January // early February.
Curious about next spring/summer if it will return to this level of high.

What are your stats?

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
We live in Tucson, AZ. Most mornings we show 255. The test will be this Sunday. when I drive the the Phoenix airport for a business trip. Found an off-airport parking lot with 10 110-120 volt outlets that I can leave the Bolt plugged in to for the 5 days I'll be gone.

The issue is that the 110 mile trip is slightly down-hill, and the trip home is correspondingly slightly up-hill. Need the top-off to make it home with no range anxiety.

Ron

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
Yes. the Bolt is amazingly efficient. There is a rule of thumb for electric cars that says it takes one watt hour per mile, for every 10 pounds of vehicle weight, ie: a 3,500 pound car will average 350 Wh/mi. The newer EVs are blowing that away.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Always like seeing range reports like this especially since this is just the beginning for us, first year of production, so they don't really do all the best things just yet. Carbon fiber for example still needs to make its way here, but who knows when we'll start seeing that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts