Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
I owned two Chrysler products in teh 1990's... a grand caravan and a 3500 diesel 5sp truck. Both lost trannies (auto and 5speed). NEver again.... BTW, the Germans say that FIAT is Fehler Ins Alles Teilen (errors in all pieces).

·
Registered
72 Posts
A serious breakdown in software quality. If I screwed up a software release so thoroughly and publicly (or if I managed a team that did that) I would expect to be fired.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Chrysler corp has had cheaply made cars for many years, when they partnered with Fiat it was the cheap partnering with the cheapest.

If someone bought the dodge truck, and the jeep lines from them the company would go down quickly.

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Chrysler corp has had cheaply made cars for many years, when they partnered with Fiat it was the cheap partnering with the cheapest.

If someone bought the dodge truck, and the jeep lines from them the company would go down quickly.
When Chrysler was bailed out the last time, I thought it sounded like a set up for a bad joke- "So Chrysler, Fiat and the government walk into a bar..." :laugh:

I personally think ALL updates by any manufacturer should be optional to the user unless there is a serious safety problem in which case it should be a recall type thing. I always delay updating my phone, or computer as long as I possibly can for just this reason. I personally think OTA updates for cars is just playing with fire.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I personally think OTA updates for cars is just playing with fire.
Well it is playing with fire if you don't give the end user an easy (or any) way to revert back to the previous firmware....

Dumbasses!

Fiat pulled out of US sales back in the 80's... they should have stayed out instead of partnering with the worst US car maker still in business. If AMC (remember the Gremlin and Pacer?) was still around... they probably would have partnered with them!

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
I owned two Chrysler products in teh 1990's... a grand caravan and a 3500 diesel 5sp truck. Both lost trannies (auto and 5speed).
I chose the manufacturer's 7 year powertrain warranty over the 3 year bumper to bumper warranty for my 1993 Grand Caravan because of the reliability information I found in Consumer Reports. So when my transmission needed to be overhauled 6 years in it didn't cost me a cent.

The van's still going strong, the transmission has been solid as a rock since then.

·
Registered
928 Posts
This is also my first Chevy. I've always been under the impression GM makes great drivetrains (for the most part) but a few of the other things don't necessarily measure up. Kind of like BMW.

So the Bolt doesn't auto download any updates at all? That is my worst Bolt fear, my throttle tip in getting nerfed when Chevy sees all my wheelspin data. Does the Bolt auto send any data back to Chevy at all?

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Does the Bolt auto send any data back to Chevy at all?
Your are kidding right?

They know if you fart with the windows closed!

Here's my Onstar report for the last couple of days.
They got me for a couple of hard braking events and seven hard accel events... well it's NY... bite me Onstar :laugh:

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Your are kidding right?

They know if you fart with the windows closed!

Here's my Onstar report for the last couple of days.
They got me for a couple of hard braking events and seven hard accel events... well it's NY... bite me Onstar :laugh:
20 mpg???

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
^ Which is exactly why I don't take their "Hard Braking" or "Hard Acceleration" reports seriously either.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Does the Bolt auto send any data back to Chevy at all?
Some executive from GM once bragged that GM knows where every car they've built in the last (n) years is every second. And it doesn't matter if you have an On Star subscription. The data gets sent anyway, but without the subscription you, the owner, can't access it. If this bothers you, I'll make you a deal on my wife's 1998 Taurus. There's no tracking going on there!

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Some executive from GM once bragged that GM knows where every car they've built in the last (n) years is every second. And it doesn't matter if you have an On Star subscription. The data gets sent anyway, but without the subscription you, the owner, can't access it. If this bothers you, I'll make you a deal on my wife's 1998 Taurus. There's no tracking going on there!
just so long as google doesn't buy out GM

·
Registered
928 Posts
I had no idea they logged all that.. never seen that screen. I probably have 7 "accel events" every time I drive. I should figure out how to log in to that deal.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts