Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
SUV's is what people are buying these days. Problem is the battery size to make a midsive SUV get that 385km range would have to be around 100kw which would then make the vehicle cost at least $70k or more which would be out of the price range for many.
So, why doesn't GM just drop the "Volt" style powertrain into a mid sized SUV like the Equinox or Terrain this way you have a smaller battery keeping cost down but still get the electric driving experience. Also the range issue is removed for families doing those road trips and hauling the kids around.

·
Registered
270 Posts
On a document released just yesterday, Mary Barra outlined the company’s plans to reveal two new full-electric CUVs by 2020, one of which will be carrying a Buick Badge while the other will be released under Chevy.
Your link to the document goes to a press release page....I didn't see the document you referenced. Do you have another link?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I disagree. The design has more Chevrolet DNA in it than Buick. Buick has just worked out a new design language that seems to be received well in the market, so I doubt they will want to splinter off in a very new departure.

Here's what I wish Buick would stick a battery in-

But I guess I'm an outlier for sure on this one.
I am looking for a nice wagon EV... the Porshe cross Turismo is more than I need....I'd love a this buick with 300 miles range and fast charging

21 - 29 of 29 Posts