Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I know the answer for this, which will be, "Good luck, you're going to need it!" But here goes anyway. It bugs me that the middle rear seat doesn't have a headrest. I often have three in the back, and if we'd get rear-ended the middle person could be seriously injured. From what I've read and seen, the Opel Ampera-e has a middle headrest. I can't find any way to get parts to add that to my vehicle. The Chevy parts sites only list Chevy parts. I can't find anything Opel related that helps. Salvage might be the best option, but I don't really know where to look and getting something from overseas is probably a crap shoot at best.

I've taken the middle seat cover partially off to see if the frame would allow me to install a headrest, but without doing a bit more disassembly I couldn't really tell. And even if the frame had holes for the headrest, I don't know if I could get the right parts to add one.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else that thought about this or had any ideas. I've attached a couple pics of the Ampera-e so you know I'm not totally crazy. :oops:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts