Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am at 10,500 miles since I bought my Bolt in March. With my driving to work I expect to be at 25,000 miles by the end of this year. I am an instructor, so the summer decreased my mileage when I didn't go into work. The only issues I have had with the car is the front seats, which are too sporty for my wide shoulders. I put cushioning under the seat so that fixed that problem with the bottom of the seats. The infotainment system has been slow and buggy for me. The other minor issue is sometimes the car thinks the trunk hasn't been closed and tells me it is open. So I will mention this when I bring it in for my 15,000 mile checkup.

Are there any high mileage people on here? Plus the question to own or lease for myself has been answered, it would have cost me a fortune to lease a car driving 30,000 miles a year...

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am at 10,500 miles since I bought my Bolt in March. With my driving to work I expect to be at 25,000 miles by the end of this year. I am an instructor, so the summer decreased my mileage when I didn't go into work. The only issues I have had with the car is the front seats, which are too sporty for my wide shoulders. I put cushioning under the seat so that fixed that problem with the bottom of the seats. The infotainment system has been slow and buggy for me. The other minor issue is sometimes the car thinks the trunk hasn't been closed and tells me it is open. So I will mention this when I bring it in for my 15,000 mile checkup.

Are there any high mileage people on here? Plus the question to own or lease for myself has been answered, it would have cost me a fortune to lease a car driving 30,000 miles a year...

Ive got 11,200km (close to 7000 miles) so far. Got mybolt mid May. I too bought as i know i put almost 30,000km a year on every car i have owned. I commute 100km/day roudtrip for work plus other trips so it made sense to buy. Plus i dont plan on selling it anytime soon lol. As for the front seats, i find them comfy, probably because im a girl and smaller in size.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I am nearing 5000 miles since mid-May. I have a short commute but had several long (round trips of 450, 730, & 840 miles) trips in the summer. Even 20K miles per year favors buying (which I did) over leasing. Crossing my fingers, no problems thus far and both my wife and I find the seats comfortable. I am hoping some dealer within 60 miles of me will decide to sell/service the Bolt (sales start in WV in September), since I bought in MD 350 miles away and cannot go there for the 7500 mile checkup. (At last check NONE were planning to sell but some had plans to service.) Shouldn't reach 7500 miles til November, so there are another two fingers crossed.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Got mine in late February and I am almost at 10,000. Haven't had any major issues, just a few minor things. I bought because I like to keep my cars a long time (10 years is always my aim)

·
Registered
179 Posts
I am at 25960. Got mine Jan 9th from California. Love every moment.

·
Registered
195 Posts
:)Currently at 1250 miles in two months. Short round trip work commute, plus I still have my Prius. That why a lease at 10,000 miles per year works for me.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm averaging 500 mi/wk in the 11 weeks of ownership; no where close to 1000mi a week of Posatronic. At 25k a year leasing has never been an option for me. I am slowing down a bit, my high was 40k/yr. This is my first new new car in 30 years, all the others were used with 50-120k on them and driven until the wheels fell off. I expect this car to last me until I hit retirement (about 5 years) and then the miles will be severely reduced, the car lasting several more years after that. Like a lot of folks I have minor issues with the seats but nothing I can't live with. So far, though I'm loving the Bolt especially now that fuel has jumped 50 cents a gallon over the last couple weeks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts