1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased in early July.
I'm seeing so far at a little under 2,000 miles driven:
4.7 KWh per mile.

50 miles daily driven, slices out an average 18 percent of the battery.
Plugging it into the wall outlet, always has it back up to 100 percent for the next 50 mile round trip.

5 days a week, 50 miles round trip, approx 1/2 freeway, one rather large hill + or - 700 feet...summertime driving with little AC and no heat used yet.

Am finding the center number of the three range numbers, to be very accurate so far.

What numbers are you seeing?

(took it up the mountain with a couple friends over the weekend...perfect for the little 110 mile round trip).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I think that is 4.7 miles per kWh, which is very good. This is equivalent to a 282 mile expected range. In ten hours of Level 1 charging, you can be full again. You will have to plan on longer charging times if you run off 60 - 100 miles in a day. As long as that next day is 50 miles, 10 hours of charging will enable you to get through the commute. You can catch up to full when you can be plugged for 20-24 hours.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, 4.7 miles per KWh. -hea heha too new to this electric world and how it's all called out. Learning!
Currently, the typical get in the car to go to work stats are:
Max 343
Av 291
Min 219
**** happy with this little jewel of a car.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
2019 Bolt, after 1 week of commuting (short week due to Labor Day)...
100+ F temps with A/C running
210 miles with lots of traffic so I would say maybe more like 25% highway/75% city
Used 47 KWh, so about 4.5 miles per KWh... very impressed!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thought I would chime in on efficiency. I just logged my best miles per kW (wasn't particularly trying to hyper-mile) in my one and half years of Bolt ownership (33,000 miles). Averaged 4.9 mi/kW over a 252 mile outing. It would have been 5 mi/kW but the last leg to my house is uphill, so it dropped to 4.9. Some of the trip was on interstate where I kept my speed around 65 mph. Much of the rest of the trip was rural with regular slow-downs through towns. Terrain was hilly but no steep ups or downs. That comes out to be 204 watts per mile. I watch Tesla YouTube channels and have never seen anyone report 204 watts per mile in their Tesla. Granted, getting to my destination as quickly as possible isn't my goal - I don't mind taking the back roads (which often is a shorter distance to a destination than interstate routes) and enjoying the drive more. But, in short, the Bolt efficiency is every bit as good as any Tesla.

·
Registered
503 Posts
33388 miles.

Lifetime avg is 3.0 kWh/mile. Summer I ca hit 5.0-5.5 in the city, no prob. The last 1000 miles I’ve done with freeway and city and AC is still over 5.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Lifetime avg is 3.0 kWh/mile. Summer I ca hit 5.0-5.5 in the city, no prob. The last 1000 miles I’ve done with freeway and city and AC is still over 5.
Curious! My lifetime efficiency average is 3.6 mi/kWh over 34,000 miles. I've never seen an efficiency over 5.0 for more than a few miles. Fortunately, as we all are probably, I'm familiar enough with the Bolt efficiency dynamics that I don't stress about range; planning it out is pretty straightforward. Albeit, it would be nice to have more CCS charging options on road trips - but that is certainly developing.

·
Registered
503 Posts
In winter, my kWh/mi drops as low as 2.0, but that’s preheating and short trips.

I have no discernible capacity loss, but there’s probably some.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Purchased in early July.
I'm seeing so far at a little under 2,000 miles driven:
4.7 KWh per mile.

50 miles daily driven, slices out an average 18 percent of the battery.
Plugging it into the wall outlet, always has it back up to 100 percent for the next 50 mile round trip.

5 days a week, 50 miles round trip, approx 1/2 freeway, one rather large hill + or - 700 feet...summertime driving with little AC and no heat used yet.

Am finding the center number of the three range numbers, to be very accurate so far.

What numbers are you seeing?

(took it up the mountain with a couple friends over the weekend...perfect for the little 110 mile round trip).
Nice work at 4.7 - I have granny soft low efficiency tires (nice and quiet, way more gentle ride, better tread wear, and zero puncture protection)

3.6 at Highway at 70 or so
3.3 highway with cargo tray at 75
3.5 highway with cargo tray at 65
2.9 towing a boat at 55
3.9 around the city with A/C cranked
3.6 maybe in the Los Angeles "winter" in town.

I would wager you're way more kind to your car than I am.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Nice work at 4.7 - I have granny soft low efficiency tires (nice and quiet, way more gentle ride, better tread wear, and zero puncture protection)

3.6 at Highway at 70 or so
3.3 highway with cargo tray at 75
3.5 highway with cargo tray at 65
2.9 towing a boat at 55
3.9 around the city with A/C cranked
3.6 maybe in the Los Angeles "winter" in town.

I would wager you're way more kind to your car than I am.
What tires do you have?

·
Registered
299 Posts
What tires do you have?
Falken Sincera - the difference over railroad tracks is astounding compared to the stock tires. It didn't adversely affect the handling either. I run them at the spec pressure on the door jamb.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts