Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife is getting a Chevy Bolt soon. Rosedale send notice that car is sitting on it wheels waiting for a train.

Local news show Minnesota state with 23 Chevy Bolts.

Q: why did the state get these while wife is still waiting for her's? Life is so un-fair!;)

Hope it is here by end of month as I said we would ride in with a Bolt come "National Drive Electric Week Event - Elk River" on the 13th of Sep.

Anyone know how long to get a train from Mi to Mn?

Bud

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome to the Minnesota Bolt club. I purchased mine from California back in March. Love the car. Drove it to Duluth from Minneapolis with no issues. 6000 miles and I still prefer it over our other larger cars. Chevy did a fabulous job engineering the car.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT Cayenne Orange Metallic
1,445 Posts
Has anyone in Minnesota had a battery swap done under the recall? Which dealer did you use?
I haven't yet, but Roseville Chevrolet has done about 100 by now. Merit Chevrolet has done some too and has been recommended. That's where we bought our 2021, and will probably go to for the battery. They have two EV techs. Roseville must have at least that many, as they are the #1 Chevy EV dealer in Minnesota.

A third recommended dealer that shows up now on Google maps in the Twin Cities, is Village Chevrolet. All the dealers nationwide with favorable battery swap reviews are now showing up on Google Maps. There are a few showing up in outstate Minnesota.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm taking my 2021 Bolt in for the latest software update tomorrow morning. It's going to Village Chevrolet, which is now called Wayzata Chevrolet. If there are any problems, I'll let you know! Steve in Plymouth MN

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Folks, as promised, here's my report about the software update at Wayzata Chev, also known as Village Chev in the western suburbs of Minneapolis. I brought my 2021 Bolt in this morning at 9 am. It was at 60 percent and had 85 miles left on the GOM. The air temp was 11 below zero. The service advisor was very professional, and they brought the car in right away. At 11 am, I got the call that the car was ready. It was plugged in to the rapid charger and was at 76 percent. I waited about 20 minutes, and it got up to 78 percent. I checked, and it wouldn't let me go past 80 percent when I tried to up the percentage. I brought it home, and plugged it in with the stock EVSE at 12 amps and 120 volt outlet. It charged up to 80 percent at 128 miles. The temp in the garage is 24 degrees above zero.
I'm very happy with the result. I would recommend this dealership. Thanks, Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.