Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I noticed my Bolt making a weird sound.
Today, as I was driving home, I was trying to isolate it, and it appears to only sound when I am turning left (not every time) and even then (and more weird) only when I have the AC/Heater on. (And still, not every time that combination happens.)

So I get to a spot where my wife is going to meet me, and I'm parked (no, there is no sound when parked) and listening to my audio book.
I notice a small drop of water on my dash (might be unrelated), and started to look around.

Then I see more water drops in the lower passenger foot area. I get out and head to that side to check, and yep.
It's wet. Damp, not soaked.
I think that whenever whatever is happening happens, it sprays (water?) down there.

First, any ideas?

And now for something else I have been thinking about just recently...
I just remembered that it hasn't been that long since I took the car to the dealer for my tire rotation, and I let them replace the air filter, which I believe is behind the glove compartment, very very near to where the moisture is.....

So....

Does it sound reasonable that the dealer might have knocked something loose?
Any chance it would be easy for me to see (I haven't taken out my glove box before) and fix?

Unfortunately, it's too dark now, my garage has no room to work, and I am not sure I want to try to open it tonight with flashlights, etc...
(Since I haven't taken the glove box out before, not sure what is involved?)

Thinking of just taking it to the dealer, but since it has been several weeks, I'm almost positive they won't say "Hey, that was probably us."

Thoughts?

Thanx!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
may be a clogged condensate drain from your AC
That sounds familiar...
I had something similar happen with a Kia Rio years ago...
They said something about something clogging when that happened.

Thanx!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quick update...
Yep, it was just a clog in a tube from the AC.
Yay!!
And it was a good dealer experience. While I was waiting to hear, I got a text that my car was charged, so they had plugged it in for me.
(And they always have popcorn there too, so there's that.. ;-)

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Any Idea how to fix this myself?
I live in a dry climate and have never had to do this on any of my vehicles. Did some google searching and can't find any suggestions for the Bolt. One website said 70% of the trouble to doing this yourself is finding the drain. Some methods used were jacking up the car and blowing out the drain with an air hose, flushing with a Clorox solution from a sprayer, or simply sticking a wire up the drain.

Good time to check and replace your cabin filter too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts