Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,580 Posts
The Bolt is on their approved list for a $2k rebate.

http://mbeva.org/pev-resources/rebates-and-incentives/

I don't recall seeing this posted earlier.
Nice find! You didn't see it posted earlier because it's brand new. It became active July 1 2017. Lucky folks living in that area! They get $7500 Fed tax credit (cross your fingers), $2500 California state credit, $500 PG&E credit (I think. I'm assuming PG&E serves that area) and now $2000 from the MBEVA!! That's $12,500 off!! (sort of... not including taxes on the rebates)

With Bay Area dealers offering at least $3500 off Bolts in stock... come on people!! Go get them!!

·
Registered
624 Posts
wow, that's awesome if you happen to live in one of the three counties, and it's not phased out for high incomes like the $2500 one. it has some restrictions though - you can't sell the vehicle or move from the included counties for 36 months after purchase, or you may have to repay the rebate.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice find! You didn't see it posted earlier because it's brand new. It became active July 1 2017. Lucky folks living in that area! They get $7500 Fed tax credit (cross your fingers), $2500 California state credit, $500 PG&E credit (I think. I'm assuming PG&E serves that area) and now $2000 from the MBEVA!! That's $12,500 off!! (sort of... not including taxes on the rebates)

With Bay Area dealers offering at least $3500 off Bolts in stock... come on people!! Go get them!!
As it happens, they started taking applications a few months ago, and just started processing them 7/1. I heard about it from a friend, and got onboard.

PG&E does serve that area (or at least my subarea). It is pretty cool.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Great to see another air district besides San Joaquin Valley offering EV rebates.

Also in other CA incentive news, AB 1184 is making its way through legislation to offset the drop off of the fed tax credit.

The incentives just keep rolling in!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Holy cow that's a lot of incentives, add on the dealer discount and you can get a Premier Bolt for just $25,780. Must be nice living in the Bay Area and buying a Bolt right now.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As it happens, they started taking applications a few months ago, and just started processing them 7/1. I heard about it from a friend, and got onboard.

PG&E does serve that area (or at least my subarea). It is pretty cool.
The rebate check finally arrived for this. They were originlly mailed in August, but the USPS seemed to lose mine, and I had to have the check recut.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts

I have received all my rebates and will hope to get my 7500.00 at tax time >:)
I managed a 3700.00 discount as a GM employee at time of purchase.
This is by far the best deal on a car, ever ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts