Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does no one else have a black one?! I'm not a huge fan of the black plastic inserts on the sides of the car, so the Mosaic Black is a good way to hide those. I still have yet to install my black bow tie badges and my black California plates are on the way, so that'll get me headed in the right direction on the "murdered out" look.

Attachments

Reactions: EldRick

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Actually really surprised I haven't seen too many black bolts around the forums either. It's weird... I like it though!

·
Registered
78 Posts
The black looks gorgeous! Very sleek!

(But I went Cajun Red with light seats... IMHO gets too hot in Boston now during the summer to have a dark car)

·
Banned
350 Posts
I hate maintaining black cars, but bought a black Bolt anyway, because it minimizes the look of the black plastic wandering all over the car.
The Black bowties do look good on the car.
I had thought about spraying the grey "grilles" to match the black, but it would have involved shooting the entire front of the car to match. I may look into replacing them with the black versions, but I'll bet Chevy charges an arm and a leg for the parts.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Yeah Mosaic Black or Nightfall Grey complement the other exterior trims nicely.
Its one important thing I noticed that Chevy started to get right, I remember the days when GM interiors were a disaster from design to color, meanwhile the Japanese and Germans were eating them for lunch.

·
Registered
174 Posts
One of the early ones, from January...sorry haven't been on the forum much. Love the black, still wouldn't choose any other color after seeing more in person. I like the gray too, but the car it replaced was that color. Most of the "chrome" trim was killed before it came home, and of course the horrible gold eyesore on the hatch removed.

Attachments

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One of the early ones, from January...sorry haven't been on the forum much. Love the black, still wouldn't choose any other color after seeing more in person. I like the gray too, but the car it replaced was that color. Most of the "chrome" trim was killed before it came home, and of course the horrible gold eyesore on the hatch removed.
Most people have that reaction to owning a black car, its just the cleaning part they hate. But I learned with previous black cars of mine to get it detailed often - nothing looks better than a detailed black car.

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Most people have that reaction to owning a black car, its just the cleaning part they hate. But I learned with previous black cars of mine to get it detailed often - nothing looks better than a detailed black car.
Sorry, I disagree. A car with color on it looks better most of the time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I broke down and bought a car wash monthly subscription. For $35 a month, I can go as many times as I want (well, only once a day)! It's automatic, but pretty gentle...and the vacuum system is awesome. :D

·
Registered
544 Posts
I have a black one, haven't done much to make it murdered out yet, but I have some plans. First picture is right after I got it (dealer plates) and the second is just a picture from the rear with the custom plates.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Murdered out....except rims. Once good options come up for the rims I will get black rims as well. Would also like to swap for a black grille with another owner at some point. I know a couple of members are doing that in another thread maybe down the road I can get that figured out.

Attachments

·
Banned
350 Posts
Notice any difference in how it rides with different rims and tires?
Looks nice for sure though.
Definite improvement in ride on our under-maintained roads, and a small improvement in handling. The car feels lighter on its feet - less thump in the bump. Nice quiet tires too.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts