Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought there would be a thread here on this, but haven't found it. What is the highest miles available you have had showing after a full charge. I had 261 this morning, then drove 106 and have 159 remaining. The 106 was a round trip with mixed driving-- some highway and back roads, some climate control, some rain, driving the speed limit-- 45 - 65. Happy with this car.

·
Registered
399 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Bolt EV Ioniq 5 reservation
1,729 Posts
Here is a post that I started last July right after I purchased. If you look at page 2 in the thread there is a one month update.

http://www.chevybolt.org/forum/56-2017-chevy-bolt-ev-reviews/12522-thing-freakin-amazing.html
Mine was the last post on page 1. My update 9 months later is that I would not have driven as slowly as 55 mph for that first 135 miles. We got to the crest of the trip with 100 miles to go and 90 in the batteries. We re-gained 50 range miles in the 2200 foot descent. We did have Level-2 backup stations, but were glad to not need them. Last winter, @ 26F temp, we went the 172 miles to Columbus, OH, by starting with 180 range miles, driving about 5 mph under the PSL, and arriving with >20 miles range remaining. We got there in 2 hrs 55 minutes instead of 2 hrs 45 minutes. There is a balance between a 300 mile range and driving 35 mph to attain it! (c.f. Deep Creek Lake, MD to Ocean City, MD on a single charge. {bro1999’s blog})

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
I thought there would be a thread here on this, but haven't found it. What is the highest miles available you have had showing after a full charge. I had 261 this morning, then drove 106 and have 159 remaining. The 106 was a round trip with mixed driving-- some highway and back roads, some climate control, some rain, driving the speed limit-- 45 - 65. Happy with this car.
Hardly ever charge to full. But did get 268 miles estimated range on hill top reserve.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.