Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So according to my dash I get the max range around 35 mph... I drive mostly around town. I notice its much less on highways (Which has been discussed at length....)
Thoughts?. I always use regen with paddle. I think this car EXCELS at local driving. I just HATE the **** seats! My lease runs out in 12 months... Would have been nice if 2020 model has faster charging.....
PS I don't normally charge to 100% I was just seeing what the GOM would think.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Obviously, we cannot all drive at 35 mph all the time. But, EV drivers would ALL see their ranges be above 238 miles if they just slow down "a little". Even on the interstate, driving in the right lane at 60 mph does not impede traffic, gets you there almost as fast, and does trend the mi/kWh to > 4 (60 kWh x 4 mi/kWh = 240 miles).

·
Registered
280 Posts
I've hit over 300 miles range shown a couple of time. Cape Cod driving is rarely above 65 (speed limit on Route 6 is 55, and that's our ONLY major road on the Cape). My life experience is, if you're averaging around 60 mph or so you'll do better than "book" range in the Bolt.

Rich

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
If you can do more or less non-stop driving near 35mph you should easily hit 5mi/kWh efficiency or even higher if climate control is not used.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Just a thought: Why can't we say "mpk" instead of "mi/kWh"? Much easier to type and say. It worked for "mpg", right?
I suppose anything could become a common way to represent something, but it doesn't seem to lend itself to a natural abbreviation. It reads "Miles Per Kilo", which just begs the question of a thousand of what? We should probably be giving efficiency in Wh per mile (or better yet, kilometer) anyhow. That acronym would be whpm.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Your best efficiency would be to drive down from the top of a mountain and get your car towed back up. I have averaged about 3.8 miles per kWh in total for the Bolt with about 80% of my mileage done at 70 to 75 mph. The Bolt is very efficient and for around town getting 6 miles per kWh wouldn't be out of the question. I agree with the original poster, the seats are horrific :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts