Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my Bolt is scheduled to be delivered in the next few days. I am replacing a 2013 Leaf that I have driven 100,000 miles (yes - 100 thousand). Original battery with over 90% capacity remaining. Based on my needs, I charged twice per day (home and work) every day for over 3 years. Vehicle range is about 75 real world miles if driven normally and running battery full cycle (100% to 5%). My needs were for a 55 mile cycle, so I could run from 100% to 25% or I could run from 80% to less than 10%. Nissan recommended that I not charge to 100% all of the time, so I ran in extreme range anxiety mode for three years. Drained battery and ran out of electrons twice.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I'm sure the Bolt's 200+ mile range would reduce your range anxiety. But wow, 100,000 miles in the span of 3-4 years! That's a lot more than what I assumed most electric car owners would drive.

Did you drain the battery while on the road?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Makes me feel better to read about the Leaf's battery performance over years. We are going to be driving our Bolt 100,000+ over four years. We've got a 2012 VW TDI with 130,000 on the clock (which VW is buying back from us, thank you VW).

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
That sucks that you've had to experience that serious range anxiety and a depleted battery...twice. I can definitely see where the transition to the Bolt is stemming from and from the looks of your commutes, you should provide you with what you need and without worry as well. Side note, that's quite the mileage in 3 years :|

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Over 90% capacity remaining is ideal, but that's with taking care of the battery like not charging it to full capacity. With regenerative braking and larger battery, bolt2nde may not need to charge the Bolt fully to make the journey to work and back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts