Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took delivery of my 2017 Chevy Bolt LT a week ago. So far I ordered and scheduled to do a few minor mods. Tint is coming this week, along with Weather Tech mats, CoverCraft UVS100 sun shade, and 4knines dog hammock rear seat cover.
I will also probably be doing something with the rear boot. Maybe ditch the styrofoam for a custom storage area below the false floor.
Loving this car so far.. my first EV.
-Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Congrats and welcome! I’d like to see some pics of the sunshade, when you get it. I’m considering the same model, and would like to see how well it fits.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Delta,
I had one in my 2016 Mustang GT and it fit amazing. They are real nice, soft and stitched around the edge. I will post some pictures when it arrives.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Someone here on the Forum built a nice wooden divider for the well after styrofoam removal. He posted pictures. I don’t know how to search & find past threads, but many on here do.

·
Registered
624 Posts
looks like your weathertechs have the same issue mine do - slightly bowing up at the bottom, and i tend to catch my foot on it sometimes. i think i'm going to take a heat gun to it and see if i can make it lay down a little better.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah. I haven?t had them catch my feet though. Was hoping the hot sun would help them settle in, but the tint was lower the inside air temp so much that I don?t think that will happen. I might have to bust out the heat gun also.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Tint was put on today, along with some weather tech mats, and a CoverCraft sunshade. Will post up some shots of the tint and sunshade in the coming days, after a wash.
How much were those weather tec mats and where did you buy them? They look like they fit great!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Those really look nice ! I may have to get them. But I would want them to go higher up on the Left foot rest. Kinda looks like it missed a spot.
I just threw in my old truck ones that are flat and big.
You can kind of see it in this pic.

I am thinking of maybe taking out the trunk foam and getting a spare.

Attachments

·
Registered
724 Posts
Mike did it work? Were most of the hairs on the cover?
I have one but it is slick and not a good fit I thought. Got it not for dog but to cover seat. I didn't really like it so I just keep it in the trunk for what i want to put dirty things back there.

·
Registered
336 Posts
They do fit great. I got them direct from Weather Tech at list price I think. $109.
Just ordered mine after seeing your post!

I really need to find an adequate car cover, too, as I can't garage the Bolt. It will be facing tree sap, adventurous snails, occasional rain, and the hot California valley summers. There's such a variety of covers out there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It worked out great. The hairs stayed back there until I rolled the windows down, blowing them all around. Lol.

·
Registered
724 Posts
LOL @MikeBolt

@ Bolt Action, get a carport. it doesn't have to be a perm set up, but I held mine down with cinder blocks due to wind and snow up here. Won't help with slugs, but they can get under a cover too ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Tint was put on today, along with some weather tech mats, and a CoverCraft sunshade. Will post up some shots of the tint and sunshade in the coming days, after a wash.
I see are in the bay area...where do you go to get your windows tinted? I live in the Davis area and my parents are in Belmont.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have yet to find a tint shop I can recommend, I haven?t expirienced many tint shops. Just look for a place that?s clean and well kept and you should be fine.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts