Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery of my 2017 Chevy Bolt LT a week ago. So far I ordered and scheduled to do a few minor mods. Tint is coming this week, along with Weather Tech mats, CoverCraft UVS100 sun shade, and 4knines dog hammock rear seat cover.
I will also probably be doing something with the rear boot. Maybe ditch the styrofoam for a custom storage area below the false floor.
Loving this car so far.. my first EV.
-Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Bolt EV Ioniq 5 reservation
1,729 Posts
Someone here on the Forum built a nice wooden divider for the well after styrofoam removal. He posted pictures. I don’t know how to search & find past threads, but many on here do.

·
Registered
624 Posts
looks like your weathertechs have the same issue mine do - slightly bowing up at the bottom, and i tend to catch my foot on it sometimes. i think i'm going to take a heat gun to it and see if i can make it lay down a little better.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah. I haven?t had them catch my feet though. Was hoping the hot sun would help them settle in, but the tint was lower the inside air temp so much that I don?t think that will happen. I might have to bust out the heat gun also.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Those really look nice ! I may have to get them. But I would want them to go higher up on the Left foot rest. Kinda looks like it missed a spot.
I just threw in my old truck ones that are flat and big.
You can kind of see it in this pic.

I am thinking of maybe taking out the trunk foam and getting a spare.

Attachments

·
Registered
865 Posts
Mike did it work? Were most of the hairs on the cover?
I have one but it is slick and not a good fit I thought. Got it not for dog but to cover seat. I didn't really like it so I just keep it in the trunk for what i want to put dirty things back there.

·
Registered
582 Posts
They do fit great. I got them direct from Weather Tech at list price I think. $109.
Just ordered mine after seeing your post!

I really need to find an adequate car cover, too, as I can't garage the Bolt. It will be facing tree sap, adventurous snails, occasional rain, and the hot California valley summers. There's such a variety of covers out there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Been meaning to post a picture of the window tint. I feel it looks so much better, most importantly my skin isn?t being charred to a crisp on my commute anymore. The windows are so tall that the sun shined in the back window and was killing my neck everyday.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts