Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have started a blog detailing my experiences in tracking down a Bolt in CA and shipping it back to MD. Check it out for anyone interested. Whenever I eventually get my Bolt, I'll also post updates on my experiences with a Bolt in the dead of winter! :nerd:

http://bro05.blogspot.com/2016/12/bolting-into-future.html

·
Registered
174 Posts
Cool, I have a stack of Nokian snows waiting for my Bolt when it arrives, so should have a winter perspective from some mountain snow in Oregon as well.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Well written and entertaining blog! Can't wait to read about your delivery day and winter driving.
Had a good laugh at footnotes when you mentioned Cleantechnica.com and Electrek.co.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nice blog...while you wait for the next step in your Bolt odyssey...how about writing the post about 5 chevy's you have leased in the past 12 months ;-)

·
Registered
25 Posts
That is a bummer that it has not moved much at all.

I wonder what the delay is? They have cold weather, but they always have cold weather, and as long as there are not blizzard conditions, or safety issues due to lack of power or broken railways, you would think that a train on tracks should be able to push through most conditions.

I wonder if they have purchased limited trains to pull the Bolts cross country, and your railcar(along with others) are waiting at a staging area for more Bolts, or other cargo before heading out.

On your Blog, can you see if there is a Site Menu option so we can quickly navigate between your posts? I know that I will be re-reading them to get my fix of Bolt info!

P.S. I LOVE that the copyright date on the Order info is 2008! Go GM, make sure you are on top of that software stuff!

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is a bummer that it has not moved much at all.

I wonder what the delay is? They have cold weather, but they always have cold weather, and as long as there are not blizzard conditions, or safety issues due to lack of power or broken railways, you would think that a train on tracks should be able to push through most conditions.

I wonder if they have purchased limited trains to pull the Bolts cross country, and your railcar(along with others) are waiting at a staging area for more Bolts, or other cargo before heading out.

On your Blog, can you see if there is a Site Menu option so we can quickly navigate between your posts? I know that I will be re-reading them to get my fix of Bolt info!

P.S. I LOVE that the copyright date on the Order info is 2008! Go GM, make sure you are on top of that software stuff!
Yeah, I was disappointed when I got the latest update and found out it was still in Ohio....and then even more disappointed when I found out it moved only 3 miles west.

I'll see about linking previous blog posts. I thought I enabled it, but I'm a bit of a blogging n00b. Lol

·
Registered
862 Posts
I think everything sat in that Ohio lot until after the "First deliveries" PR gig was done.
I think the 3 mile move was just part of the staging/loading process. Hopefully some real progress will be seen soon.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I think everything sat in that Ohio lot until after the "First deliveries" PR gig was done.
I think the 3 mile move was just part of the staging/loading process. Hopefully some real progress will be seen soon.
smart way to use every last bit they can for promoting the Bolt.

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I can understand why they're trucking it to California first, as that's where the Bolt is originally allocated to. But that journey to Orion, around 5,000 miles back the way it came. That's enough mileage to break in the average ICE car. :eek: Maybe the journey back east will take less time assuming the transport truck makes less stops along the way.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts