Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2018 bolt premier
Samsung Galaxy 4, android
I use the My Chevrolet app to check charge, lock doors, etc.
Whenever I use it the brake lights and headlights turn on.
?

·
Registered
18 Posts
You must have the “welcome” feature enabled, uses the proximity of your phone to wake the car up as you approach.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Is the 'welcome' feature the same as the KeyPass?
It is part of KeyPass. Select “Remote Commands” and then tap where it says “Connected Via KeyPass”. Under “KeyPass Setup” there is an option for “Approach Detection” to be turned off or on.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt Premier
3,521 Posts
It is part of KeyPass. Select “Remote Commands” and then tap where it says “Connected Via KeyPass”. Under “KeyPass Setup” there is an option for “Approach Detection” to be turned off or on.
My problem with "Approach Detection" is the variability in Bluetooth range. Some days it will reach the "key drawer" in the house, and other days what's seemingly needed is to be on top of the Bolt in order for the car to see it. Could be based on the position of whatever else is in pocket or purse. Both situations are a problem. I keep the function turned off, which means Keypass is pretty worthless otherwise. Note that I could only ever get Keypass to work with an iPhone.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Thanks. I found it the myChevrolet app's: Settings/KeyPass Setup/Approach Detection On-Off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.