Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When using my.chevrolet.com to retrieve Bolt charging statistics, the charging graph displayed contains some errors.

First of all, is there anything wrong with the day-of-week axis? Are there still seven days in a week?
Then, if the car has been charging all day, why is the last night of charging (tuesday thru wednesday) unlisted?

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just checked and I see a similar error on my graph. Wednesday is displayed twice, with 4 kWh on the first Wednesday and 3 kWh on the second Wednesday. If I compare these numbers to the table below, the first Wednesday seems to correspond to March 6 and the second Wednesday seems to correspond to March 7.

I don't know what's going on. I never noticed this before. Could be an interesting puzzle. Could daylight saving time be involved?

·
Registered
394 Posts
You are getting more data than I am. I only show the one time I used the manufacturers Level 1 charger. All Level 2 charges are not shown. :crying: Does anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
120 Posts
You are getting more data than I am. I only show the one time I used the manufacturers Level 1 charger. All Level 2 charges are not shown. :crying: Does anyone else have this problem?
I don't seem to get any charging history on my.chevrolet.com. The only vehicle status I get is tire pressure and odometer miles. I don't know why. Maybe I get less for a 2019 Bolt?

·
Registered
394 Posts
I don't seem to get any charging history on my.chevrolet.com. The only vehicle status I get is tire pressure and odometer miles. I don't know why. Maybe I get less for a 2019 Bolt?
Mine is also a 2019. I have attached a screen grab of the charging data. It only shows the one time I used the factory EVSE.

The only way I have found to get to this data is from the monthly report hot link - see attached jpg. I have tried to find the link from the MyChevrolet.com web page but failed. If anyone can tell me how to find it I would appreciate it.

However most of the time the information fails to load due to a "connection issue." I am not sure why this is happening.

On previous connections, I was able to get the driving mileage history.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
The only way I have found to get to this data is from the monthly report hot link - see attached jpg. I have tried to find the link from the MyChevrolet.com web page but failed. If anyone can tell me how to find it I would appreciate it.

However most of the time the information fails to load due to a "connection issue." I am not sure why this is happening.
I get to the data by clicking on Charging Stats and History. This is shown on the vehicle profile, and is also available under OnStar and Connected Services on the left hand side. I have attached screenshots.

Sometimes I get the connection issue. I suspect but don't know that in my case it is due to a poor AT&T signal. I read someplace that you can get the connection issue if the car has been sitting for several days without being driven.

My only charging has been at home at 120V, except for once driving home from the dealer when I bought the car (as a 3-year lease return).

Attachments

·
Registered
394 Posts
I get to the data by clicking on Charging Stats and History. This is shown on the vehicle profile, and is also available under OnStar and Connected Services on the left hand side. I have attached screenshots.

Sometimes I get the connection issue. I suspect but don't know that in my case it is due to a poor AT&T signal. I read someplace that you can get the connection issue if the car has been sitting for several days without being driven.

My only charging has been at home at 120V, except for once driving home from the dealer when I bought the car (as a 3-year lease return).
Thanks for the information. This gave me some jpgs to compare with. I see you have a 2015 Volt. Mine is a 2019 Bolt, and it has different menu options. See attached jpgs.

The first jpg is what I get when I click on the My 2019 Chevy Bolt EV graphic. It is just a drop down. No further link options.

The second jpg is what I get when I use the OnStar link. I have tried all of the links but have not found the charging, mileage, etc. options.

When I link from the monthly report, I can get some data. The third jpg shows the 30 day mileage history. It seems to be OK except it is always a few days behind on reporting. You can see in the upper left the report was updated on March 16, but the last data entry was on March 12.

The next jpg shows mileage efficiency - no real data.

The next to the last jpg shows charging history which has only the data from the time I used the 120 volt factory charger.

The last shows mileage history lifetime. It seems to be accurate. Shows beginning in September and through February - it is by month and apparently does not due a month to date for March.

So for now I just keep going back to the last email report to find the links.

Attachments

·
Registered
394 Posts
When using my.chevrolet.com to retrieve Bolt charging statistics, the charging graph displayed contains some errors.

First of all, is there anything wrong with the day-of-week axis? Are there still seven days in a week?
Then, if the car has been charging all day, why is the last night of charging (tuesday thru wednesday) unlisted?
I have the correct days of the week - see attached. But no data as for my 2019 Bolt it seems to only register charging with the factory 120 volt EVSE and I use a 240 volt EVSE.

Please let me know what type of EVSE and auto model year your data is from.

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
For my 2019 Bolt, the link is missing in both these places. I will try to find out why from GM.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The OP's Bolt is a 2017 LT: 1G1FW6S09H4141431
I only use the 12A, 110V EVSE included with the car. I charge every day, overnight, to keep things topped-off.

The whole my.chevrolet nexus is confusing because the various pieces, on the mobile app vs. the web app, seem to be getting their data from different places. E.G., some parts of the web app want me to enter the odometer, others seem to know it.

I developed Ford's Focus BEV back-office statistics, some years ago, as a consultant designer, and I guess GM software development is the same: it occurs way in advance of buyer access to cars, hence never receives software updates as a result of field usage. Thus, let us not expect any corrections to the charts. I just wanted to be sure my experience was common; it is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have 2018 Bolt and use a Schneider EVlink level 2 charger at home and Chargepoint level 2 charger at work. Most of my charging data from "Charging Stats and History" is there and appears correct. The problem I have is that some charging sessions are not reported. About 10% of my charge sessions are not captured and it can happen for both home and work charges. I can capture missing work sessions on the Chargepoint web site. When they are captured, the Chargepoint and Bolt data agree.

This is clearly a software problem somewhere in the Onstar system. My guess is related to comm failures not being retried/recovered correctly.

Bolt support is of course no help. They want me to take it to the dealer who is also clueless.

Wishlist item: Add the mileage to the charge session info.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Update to my previous report

Update 2 month later: Over the last 2 month the charging data has become less and less reliable. The last charge registered was on 6/14, about 3 weeks ago. Interestingly, the mileage history has data up to 6/20 and I see tire pressures as of 6/28, so there is communication.

I guess that there are very few people looking at this data and the only thing you get when calling Chevy is "take it to the dealer for service".

BTW, I don't buy any Onstar services, so that may be a factor.

Anybody else able to give a recent report?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Update to my previous report

Today, changing history data arrived from 6/21 thru 7/1! During all of June, there were 2 charges (including on 6/18) that never showed up. This has been common the last few months.

Hard to figure what is going on. The end of this month will be the end of my first year of Bolt ownership. I think I will give up tracking mileage after that.

With one month to go, my current mean is 3.43 m/kwh.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I should have waited for a Bolt, but jumped on a 2018 Volt and have come to love it. What I don't love is Onstar and the same charging history bug that Bolt brethren experience. Charge history became spotty in May 2019 and dropped out completely thereafter. All other data is logged and displayed. You're not alone, and if you want to speak with somebody who does nothing but offer to move the problem to Tier 2 and supervisor, go ahead and call Onstar support. I've had at least 8 conversations with them on this topic with no replies and no resolution. Courage.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just adding another voice to the conversation; my experience is that the website stats are close to worthless.

I've had a 2019 Bolt for a month now.

The only stat that seems even close to working is the Lifetime Electric Miles (on a Bolt, what other kind are there?), which is within a mile of my odometer and the number on the mobile app, both which agree with one another.

I charge most Fridays and Sundays, with sometimes a extra charge on Saturdays, so I've charged at least 10 times since I got the car, and I've charged twice this weekend. Last 7 Days shows no charging, and last 30 days only shows 3 charging days, in the 2nd weekend I had the car (Fri, Sun, Mon). The three days that do show are not correct (shows 36 KWH on a day I only charged 12.55 kWh, 37 on a day I charged 36.48 kWh and 37 kWh on a day I charged 15.01 kWh; OK, so one was actually close). Almost all of my charging has been via a ChargePoint Home L2 charger.

The MILES DRIVEN stat is wrong, too. I drove just over 200 miles this weekend and the site shows 47 miles for "Sunday" and 44 miles for "Saturday" - I'm assuming today is Sunday and yesterday is Saturday, but it doesn't show actual dates, and the Saturday should be showing about 80 miles, at least. It does show "Last updated Oct 6, 2019 7:16 PM", which is when I was looking at the site, so it should be correct.

The MILES PER GALLON (MPGE) doesn't show MPGE, but, rather, Kwh/100 mi, which is an odd metric considering the car and the app show miles per kWh. The numbers here, again, are way off from what displays in the mobile app and the in-car displays, also.

I'll post again if I find a good avenue for providing feedback to the team responsible for the website, but for now, again, just adding to the conversation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Friends,
We've been dumped on this issue. After 5 months of inquiry, the 11 Oct 2019 final response I received from Onstar follows. While Onstar has technical responsibility for the MyChevrolet.com data gathering, they blame Chevrolet. When calling Chevrolet web support, they forward us to Onstar. Our problem is therefore unlikely to ever see a genuine resolution.

"I have worked case number 157681153 and have resolved the issue.
We got a response from the L3 System Engineering Department. Please clear cache and retest on the Owner Center Site. If the same message appears ”No Data Available for this time period ”, please know that GM is aware of the possible inconsistencies or gaps that may occur while they are working to evolve the method of data collection for the Electric vehicle family.
The entire Electric Vehicle experience will be updated soon. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Due to this, this has been deemed as not a defect.
If you have additional questions or concerns, we can be reached at the number listed below.

Thank you,
OnStar Connected Vehicle Support
Phone Number: 1-888-4ONSTAR 1-888-466-7827"

1 - 20 of 29 Posts