Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Bought it off the lot just over a week ago. Had to drive 200 miles to get it, but so far I'd say it was worth it. The dealer has a couple of certified pre-owned Bolts if anyone is looking for one. A 2020 EV LT and a 2022 EUV LT.

View attachment 47095
Nice, but what are all those spots on the front? I'm thinking a paint protection film is definitely something I'm going to have to look into.

Have you thought about documenting your experience with the solar panels? One of the biggest annoyances I have from people that hate renewable is how they claim that solar power is unreliable, and my first thought is "We LITERALLY set our clocks based on the sun". It would be nice to see someone with real world experience out there demonstrating what I learned a long time ago via a certain movie about a goofy looking little red headed girl..

·
Registered
364 Posts
Not in great detail though I do have a blog that I started back in 2014 when we ran away from home and lived on a sailboat for a year. The blog is still up and running and it does briefly cover the solar installation. The one thing I will say, we will never recuperate our money. We don't sell power back to the grid for a myriad of reasons, mostly because we pay $.13 a kwh and the power company will buy it from us for $.01 kwh.
Won't recoup it in selling it back to the electric company or not recoup it in terms of financial dollars spent vs savings realized? I figure replacing costly gasoline might make it competitive, but your probably right given the useful life of some panels before they need to be replaced.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts