Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems GM just wants me to keep bringing back this lemon over and over.

They say the Buyback program is closed right now because of C-19.
BS I say as I have been talking to them BEFORE the C-19 started to close everything down.
They want me to bring it in AGAIN to try and fix it. This will be the 7th time.
No one will tell me EXACTLY how many times I have to have it 'Fixed' before enough is enough.
There is now a LIST of issues with this car and now another new front axle broken sound like the rear. Sways with in my lane on the highway that I have to keep both hands on the wheel. Not to mention it must look like I am jerking the car back and forth from someone driving behind me.

I hope GM is up for a very public fight as this is just ridiculous to be going through. I am too old to sit back at this point. I so wanted to love GM but now nope. I was even going to buy the 2020 Bolt after this. Now I am not so sure as I have a love/hate relationship with the seats alone lol. love just about everything else in general about this car.

Looking to word the new Website I will make " GM's refusal of it's Lemon car" "GM turns it's head from 8astard car" " Poor old woman just wants a safe car that is not in shop every month"
Going to start looking for a Lawyer now, Gee what fun :mad:
**** I am not going to list out the issues if you are wondering, you can search my posts. Hint, all the issues ever listed and possibly new ones...

·
Registered
2,614 Posts

BS I say as I have been talking to them BEFORE the C-19 started to close everything down.
No one will tell me EXACTLY how many times I have to have it 'Fixed' before enough is enough.
There is now a LIST of issues with this car and now another new front axle broken sound like the rear. Sways with in my lane on the highway that I have to keep both hands on the wheel. Not to mention it must look like I am jerking the car back and forth from someone driving behind me.

I hope GM is up for a very public fight as this is just ridiculous to be going through. I am too old to sit back at this point. I so wanted to love GM but now nope. I was even going to buy the 2020 Bolt after this. Now I am not so sure as I have a love/hate relationship with the seats alone lol. love just about everything else in general about this car.

Looking to word the new Website I will make " GM's refusal of it's Lemon car" "GM turns it's head from 8astard car" " Poor old woman just wants a safe car that is not in shop every month"
**** I am not going to list out the issues if you are wondering, you can search my posts. Hint, all the issues ever listed and possibly new ones...
There are Lemon Laws that are very specific about how many days a vehicle needs to be in for service before it can be invoked. Study up on them for your state, and invoke the specific legal provisions for yours in your communications with GM. Using COVID-19 as an excuse is just insulting, as the lemon laws are pretty air-tight.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I had an ongoing issue with Mitsubishi about replacing a bad main battery on my old Miev. After battling with the dealership and regional manager, I posted a scathing review on Yelp about the dealership, outlining my problem and swearing that I would not touch the dealership with a 10 ft. pole. That afternoon, the owner of the dealership called and we quickly came to a very satisfactory agreement. Lesson: When they start screwing with you, start yelling and kick 'em where it hurts - in the sales dept...

·
Registered
832 Posts
I had an ongoing issue with Mitsubishi about replacing a bad main battery on my old Miev. After battling with the dealership and regional manager, I posted a scathing review on Yelp about the dealership, outlining my problem and swearing that I would not touch the dealership with a 10 ft. pole. That afternoon, the owner of the dealership called and we quickly came to a very satisfactory agreement. Lesson: When they start screwing with you, start yelling and kick 'em where it hurts - in the sales dept...
In other times this would definitely hurt their bottom line. But with sales already in the dumps because of the virus (as evidenced by fire sale pricing and financing incentives that abound in TV commercials), it may not hurt them as much right now. Alternatively, it can also mean kicking them while they’re down. Hehe

·
Registered
46 Posts

I bet the "buy a new car" program isn't closed due to Covid-19

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes the C-19 talk is an Insult to say the least.

I am now looking into a Lawyer as the Fed lemon law applies.

No judge in the world is going to side with them after all I have been willing to do that was asked.

I WAS going to buy a 2020 Bolt EV but there is no way in **** I will be buying a GM product EVER again.
Best part for me is that I will also start to speak of the way I have been treated by GM and the 1st dealer all over the Interwebs.
And the fact that I get so upset everytime I have to drive this to my MEDICAL JOB that is stressful enough !

Just so done with it.

OH, and now the front Right is making the Axle noise, Rear hatch struts are slow to open........ will it ever end with this car ???!!! Gawd you would think I am making it all up with the constant issues. I feel it is unsafe to drive it.

Going to go buy a Ford pickup, park this EV and start the court proceedings. GM will be paying for this EV, my Lawyer, my TIME I have wasted, ALL the taxes, registration and excise tax I have paid. Not to mention that I now will have to finance the truck and rush to buy one to I will lose out on a good deal. Yeah they can pay for that too and the mental anguish that I have had to go through with being treated like an idiot woman at the 1st dealer and being put off for 5 months from GM call after call. Plus recording my calls to GM without telling me. It seems all calls are recorded (which is great) and the ONLY one who told me is this last guy that I am dealing with, because he is NEW so he is following rules and tells me at the beginning of every call. Mass is a state that it is required to tell you.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OH, I forgot to add...

Seems someone DELETED ALL of my Service History on the MyChevyBolt GM site the other week.

hmmmmmmm Funny, after I send an email to my GM phone guy, it seems to be back up today with more service dates added.

I love this list of services done hahah
  • Service Performed:
    • REPLACE AIR FILTER
    • TUNE UP
    • OLD SERVICE 30K
    • Comprehensive Inspec
    • *MOBILE ONE 8QRTS
    • DIFFERENTIAL SERV
    • CORVETTE ALIGNMENT
    • TRUCK MENU-2011-UP
    • AUTO TRAC II FLUID
    • CAR MENU 2011-UP
    • CAR 2 WHEEL ALIGN
    • *MOBILE ONE 5QRTS
    • STATE INSPECTION
    • ROTATE TIRES
    • CAR 4 WHEEL ALIGN
    • BRAKE SERVICE
    • SERVICE (B)EVERY 6K
    • 33000 MILE SERVICE
    • *LUBE OIL & FILTER
    • DIESEL MENU-2011-UP
    • 27000 MILE SERVICE
    • LARGE BOX TRUCKS
    • *MOBILE ONE 7QRTS
    • *MOBILE ONE 6QRTS
    • AVEO MENU 2004-2010
    • SERVICE (C)EVERY 15K
    • *MOBILE ONE 11.0 QRT
    • REPLACE FUEL FILTER

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
It's not just GM, I have been making a list of all the defects people have found on their brand new 2020 $60K Tesla Model Y.....

coat hanger not closing
flooded taillight with water
rear seat panels coming off
B pillar damaged
steering wheel alignment off
fender gap/alignment
window seal leaky
missing the spoiler and performance badge
charge port door not closing correctly
passenger airbag pillar not sealed all the way
Backseat rear panel coming loose
Auto park curbed my rims
rear hatch doesn't close properly
rear hatch doesn't latch
Driver side window closed by itself before entry - trim damage
Liftgate opening height memory erased. Trunk hit the garage door
rear seats don't go down when you use the buttons
Stains on headliner
Scratched rims from factory
Dirt in paint
Charger port door stuck closed
Cover for Heatpump needed to reduce Noise
Condensation inside tail light
Rattle from rear center seat

·
Registered
554 Posts
I love how companies take the COVID excuse opportunity, even to the point of trying to make it retroactive like it's some sort of grandfathered excuse. I've been trying to get Spectrum to fix our internet issues (which affect our entire street) since last October: 7 months ago. They finally started working on it a couple weeks ago but only after I filed an FCC complaint against them: that seemed to get them to actually work on it. But the first thing out of their mouth was "Well, with this COVID..." perhaps expecting to see a tear of empathy roll from my eye. I stopped them mid-sentence: "Just to let you know, I'm not accepting COVID as an excuse as we've all been begging for a real fix since last October!"

Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts