Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it looks like the app is unusable unless my phone is connected to wifi. I have full bars of LTE and my other apps work fine, but MyChevrolet says “no internet connection detected” and refuses to do anything.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Well, it looks like the app is unusable unless my phone is connected to wifi. I have full bars of LTE and my other apps work fine, but MyChevrolet says “no internet connection detected” and refuses to do anything.
To be devil's advocate, I have been experiencing that same failure not only on my app (android) but with other apps

·
Registered
2017 Bolt Premier
192 Posts
Yeah, it’s very spotty for me. I mostly use it at home to change departure times or check range, but trying to unlock or precondition the car while walking to it is almost useless as I’m usually at the car by the time it kicks in, if at all. And by that time, the key fob is the better option.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Deleted it about a week after I had installed it. I found zero use for it, and it never worked right.
I don't use it much during the summer months, but during winter I use it every day to pre-condition the car. I love coming out of the office when it is 10 degrees F outside and getting into a toasty car. The parking and building aren't close enough for me to use the car's own remote to start it, so the app has been very handy for that. Other than remote starting I will admit I haven't really used it for anything else.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi - Which phone ecosystem are you on? On iPhone/iOS it works in cellular. Go to Settings->Cellular and scroll down. There is a list of all your apps, and for each app you can select whether or not the phone will permit that app to use cellular data or not. I'm guessing Android would probably have a similar setting.

·
Registered
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier
21 Posts
In my case I use it constantly, if I just need to get something out of the car and use my phone to open it it’s actually pretty quick, way quicker than MyAudi app , it does everything except connect to the energy assist info in the car screen, it says that it can’t read the canbus , otherwise with occasional reset of the phone , all good . My Bolt is a 17 my and I use an iPhone

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hi - Which phone ecosystem are you on? On iPhone/iOS it works in cellular. Go to Settings->Cellular and scroll down. There is a list of all your apps, and for each app you can select whether or not the phone will permit that app to use cellular data or not. I'm guessing Android would probably have a similar setting.
iPhone - either I’ve had a huge brain fart or my phone hates me because I went through that list of apps twice yesterday. Just checked again and cell data was off. Thanks for the reminder. EDIT: Remembered the last thing I did last night was uninstall/reinstall the app. This is not the first time I’ve had trouble with setting inconsistencies on this device.

·
Registered
238 Posts
FYI: i had issues using the App in CarPlay with my phone. worked fine outside of vehicle. my wifes phone never had issues, so i knew something was amiss on my side.
The only thing that finally worked was resetting my network settings on my phone.
After that, it recommunicated and has been working fine ever since.

It tried many things, and that is the one that finally worked.

I never had a problem remotely communicating though, i could always precondition the car or check it. my issue was carplay mychevy app communication, i wanted to be able to see the exact % of charge while driving.
Anyway, just sharing another thing to try for those with communication issues.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts