Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV, North Edition
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Azure Font Screenshot Sky Electric blue
Anybody lost their remote command on MyChevrolet App? I tried restarting the app, delete and reinstall, latest update. And still no luck. MyChevrolet wants me to shop accessories instead of letting me starting my car in these colder mornings….

·
Registered
24 Posts
View attachment 38035 Anybody lost their remote command on MyChevrolet App? I tried restarting the app, delete and reinstall, latest update. And still no luck. MyChevrolet wants me to shop accessories instead of letting me starting my car in these colder mornings….
Interesting, that's exactly what my app has always looked like. I've never had remote commands.

·
Registered
622 Posts
That's strange, I still have mine (2020 model). Perhaps you need to call and make sure you have the right package, which all Bolt owners are supposed to have. I forget exactly what it's called, something like EV Mobile Command or something.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV, North Edition
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting, that's exactly what my app has always looked like. I've never had remote commands.
Weird huh? Everything was working fine and all a sudden got this shopping feature blocking my commands

·
Registered
527 Posts
I forget when they made the change but my car was eligible for the 5 year connected access plan. If you log into accounts.gm.com it will show you what you have active on the vehicle. Here is mine:

Rectangle Parallel Font Slope Number

Connected Access is not the plan that gives you remote start/preconditioning, FYI. If you only have it they didn't set something up right. I've always been paying for onstar because I want the accident stuff, so my remote key is included in that. Mine, therefore, was not set up correctly.

·
Administrator
2,792 Posts
This is about all I ever see:

Audio equipment Gadget Font Multimedia Darkness

·
Super Moderator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
231 Posts
I still have the remote controls in my app. But I'm not impressed with what's available. With my Kia, I could set the interior temp, control the heated seats and wheel, and toggle the rear window defroster. Can't do any of that with this app.

·
Super Moderator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
231 Posts
Seems to be down this morning.
Or may be incompatible with iOS 15, the app haven't been updated in a while.
I have iOS 15 on my phone, and the controls are there for me. But I agree the app is overdue for an update.

·
Registered
2022 Chevy Bolt EV
84 Posts
If you have a 2022 Bolt then it likely is not a software glitch. I spoke to OnStar at length about this in August. They claim that the 5 years of Remote Access Add On (formerly referred to as EV Mobile Command) which had been provided to every prior Bolt EV was removed for the 2022 model year EV and EUV. Perhaps as a result of the $5k price cut?

YET, interestingly, the Chevrolet website for the 2022 Bolt still says you should get 5-years free. See footnote 11 on this page:

"11 Model year 2018 and newer Chevrolet Bolt EV vehicles receive 5 years of Remote Key Fob Add-On. Remote Access Plan does not include emergency or security services. See onstar.com for details and limitations. Lock/Unlock feature requires automatic locks. Remote start requires GM factory-installed and enabled remote start system."

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I have some bad news for you. GM changed the way they do this for the 2022 Bolts.

The older ones got a 5 year package that included the remote command functions. In the 22s, you get the EV specific stuff for free for 10 years (longer than the 5 the older vehicles get), but you do not get the remote key fob functions beyond the initial full demo.

Font Material property Parallel Rectangle Number

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Woke up this morning and MyChevrolet app say 3 out of 4 tires need air.Can i realy rely on this app?
Was it cold this morning? Your tires probably were down a few pounds from the cool air. As the weather cools down, a lot of people will start getting low tire notifications.

·
Super Moderator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
231 Posts
I just checked my account, and I have EV Access and Remote Access under my plans. That would explain why I still have access on my app. But it doesn't explain why I can't access the EV stuff they talk about. I can't find any way of accessing my charge settings from the app.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
It was colder this morning .Will i get this error all winter?
When it gets colder, the tire pressure drops. So the tires were likely actually a few pounds low. Many dealers will intentionally overfill tires by about 3psi to help prevent this.

·
Registered
119 Posts
ARob… After my OnStar demo ended, I did not pay to continue it. But I did dig into the settings from the infotainment screen in the car, and connected the car to my house WiFi. Maybe if you do that, the app will be able to see your car, at least when you are at home?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have some bad news for you. GM changed the way they do this for the 2022 Bolts.

The older ones got a 5 year package that included the remote command functions. In the 22s, you get the EV specific stuff for free for 10 years (longer than the 5 the older vehicles get), but you do not get the remote key fob functions beyond the initial full demo.
This is one place GM as cut.Remenber that 2022 EV are sold for a price lower than 2021.Time will tell where GM as cut to do this.I don't think they have cut on there profit margin!

View attachment 38042

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I just checked my account, and I have EV Access and Remote Access under my plans. That would explain why I still have access on my app. But it doesn't explain why I can't access the EV stuff they talk about. I can't find any way of accessing my charge settings from the app.
Chevy has a demo website where you can play with the app.

You can try to play around with it to compare to what you see on your app.

Communication Device Gadget Font Cellular network Mobile device

·
Super Moderator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
231 Posts
I just tried that simulator. My app does nothing when I click Charge Status. One time, and that one time only, it opened the charge details. But never since. And the info box always says "See vehicle for status", and never shows if it's charging and the completion time. It does update with the charge % and miles of range, so it's talking to the car. Just not giving me that access.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts