Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Google pixel 3A and the option of the keypass option doesn't even show in the app. Is it just not compatible?

·
Registered
243 Posts
It worked fine for me but it's missing from the latest Android version.
Yep,. There have been numerous reports about this on various Bolt FB groups.

I rarely use the My Chevrolet app on my (work) Android phone. I'm an iOS guy and use my iPhone 8. Seems like the iOS version may have gotten buggier recently.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Can't help with Android - I'm also a IOS devotee. MyChevrolet on my iPhone 8 has the KeyPass function. It is the first item at the top of the list showing on home screen. I can't see much use for it, since it basically duplicates the FOB functions. I'll have to try it next time we're out shopping, to see if the operating range is better than the FOB. If so, that might be a reason to use it (to find our "lost" car in the Walmart parking lot).

·
Registered
28 Posts
[QUOTE="megamands, post: 520534, member: 1
This is what I see.
[/QUOTE]
Did you try scrolling down to the bottom of the screen? Mine has a button down there that lets you "Edit Dashboard". Perhaps you do not have "Remote Commands" checked?

·
Registered
124 Posts
This is what I see.
Did you try scrolling down to the bottom of the screen? Mine has a button down there that lets you "Edit Dashboard". Perhaps you do not have "Remote Commands" checked?
It's that KeyPass itself has disappeared. Those Remote Commands buttons are still there but the KeyPass capability has gone. Also setting up Keypass.
I never got it to work on an Samsung S7 running A8. Worked fine on an Apple. Never really use it anyway. The fob can do those functions so it seems rather gimmicky.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Bluetooth on Android is supposed to be pretty nightmarish, with a lot of variability between phone models. Perhaps it was a support nightmare for them and in the end, with it being so unreliable anyway, they killed it on Android.

If that's the case, they might kill it on iOS as well so that they don't seem to be playing favorites.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's that KeyPass itself has disappeared. Those Remote Commands buttons are still there but the KeyPass capability has gone. Also setting up Keypass.
I never got it to work on an Samsung S7 running A8. Worked fine on an Apple. Never really use it anyway. The fob can do those functions so it seems rather gimmicky.
What do you mean the FOB can do the same functions?

·
Registered
124 Posts
What do you mean the FOB can do the same functions?
Unlock
Lock
Unlock then Circle = remote start aka pre-condition
Red = brief flash and honk

The app can be used to get vehicle status and location stuff. I don't understand why the manual has that under KeyPass.
About the only thing that can't be done is approach lighting.

Sure...you have to use the fob within range.

At least that's how I understand things. I've only had the car 5 months.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I no longer get the location info from the app. It stopped functioning many months after I stopped paying for OnStar, but I still have the free five year Basic. Anybody out there with a 2017 Premier still get location info with only the free OnStar Basic?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Keypass is, was and always will be a POS. You're better off without it.
Apparently I may never know: have tried with LG phones (V20, G4 and G6) and Samsung Galaxy 9, and none are compatible. Dealer was no help. I was SURE the LGs would work, being that the motors, battery, and, I assume, interface, are all manufactured by LG

·
Registered
124 Posts
Apparently I may never know: have tried with LG phones (V20, G4 and G6) and Samsung Galaxy 9, and none are compatible. Dealer was no help. I was SURE the LGs would work, being that the motors, battery, and, I assume, interface, are all manufactured by LG
I found some kind of reference list from Chev that was kind of a limited list of Android phones where the Samsung S7 was listed. So I got a used S7. Turns out the list also said A7...the phone I got had been upgraded to A8. Never could get it to work. Realized well into it all that it's quite useless anyway and justified giving it up for that reason.
I refuse to do anything Apple but the spouses phone worked perfectly.:mad:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Keypass was removed from the android version of the app with 3.22. If you want it back call and complain. They basically treat me like I'm the only one with this issue or can't understand I'm talking about a new issue and not the usually issues people have setting it up. The option to even initiate keypass setup is gone from the app.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Keypass was removed from the android version of the app with 3.22. If you want it back call and complain. They basically treat me like I'm the only one with this issue or can't understand I'm talking about a new issue and not the usually issues people have setting it up. The option to even initiate keypass setup is gone from the app.
you can find 3.20 at apkmirror and elsewhere, that worked for me a month ago, still works. v3.21 did not work but I didn't try too hard.

·
Registered
204 Posts
On my iPhone 7 running ios12, keypads setup is under SETTINGS -> KEYPASS SETUP.

I only rarely use it to lock/unlock the car when I left my keys at my desk at work.

Things like Approach detection seldom work (but have in the past). I feel like I own a Tesla!

2017 Bolt OnStar Basic, 3rd year

·
Registered
173 Posts
you can find 3.20 at apkmirror and elsewhere, that worked for me a month ago, still works. v3.21 did not work but I didn't try too hard.
Anybody know where I can grab 3.20 for iOS? 3.21 is brain-dead - works occasionally when it feels like it for showing current SOC in % when connected via CarPlay.

·
Registered
63 Posts
on iOS, my Keypass has worked flawlessly. Sorry to hear Android users can take advantage of it. But, OnStar services like lock/unlock and pre-condition are free after trial for 5 years

1 - 19 of 19 Posts