Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.

MyChevy app doesn't have keypass option

10K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  ZoomZoom 
#1 ·
I have a Google pixel 3A and the option of the keypass option doesn't even show in the app. Is it just not compatible?

#4 ·
Yep,. There have been numerous reports about this on various Bolt FB groups.

I rarely use the My Chevrolet app on my (work) Android phone. I'm an iOS guy and use my iPhone 8. Seems like the iOS version may have gotten buggier recently.

#5 ·
Can't help with Android - I'm also a IOS devotee. MyChevrolet on my iPhone 8 has the KeyPass function. It is the first item at the top of the list showing on home screen. I can't see much use for it, since it basically duplicates the FOB functions. I'll have to try it next time we're out shopping, to see if the operating range is better than the FOB. If so, that might be a reason to use it (to find our "lost" car in the Walmart parking lot).

#7 ·
[QUOTE="megamands, post: 520534, member: 1
This is what I see.
[/QUOTE]
Did you try scrolling down to the bottom of the screen? Mine has a button down there that lets you "Edit Dashboard". Perhaps you do not have "Remote Commands" checked?

#9 ·
Bluetooth on Android is supposed to be pretty nightmarish, with a lot of variability between phone models. Perhaps it was a support nightmare for them and in the end, with it being so unreliable anyway, they killed it on Android.

If that's the case, they might kill it on iOS as well so that they don't seem to be playing favorites.

#12 ·
I no longer get the location info from the app. It stopped functioning many months after I stopped paying for OnStar, but I still have the free five year Basic. Anybody out there with a 2017 Premier still get location info with only the free OnStar Basic?

#15 ·
Keypass was removed from the android version of the app with 3.22. If you want it back call and complain. They basically treat me like I'm the only one with this issue or can't understand I'm talking about a new issue and not the usually issues people have setting it up. The option to even initiate keypass setup is gone from the app.

#17 ·
On my iPhone 7 running ios12, keypads setup is under SETTINGS -> KEYPASS SETUP.

I only rarely use it to lock/unlock the car when I left my keys at my desk at work.

Things like Approach detection seldom work (but have in the past). I feel like I own a Tesla!

2017 Bolt OnStar Basic, 3rd year

#21 ·
I called OnStar. They were unable to fix it. I believe you're thinking of something else related to the app's OnStar remote commands as I read of this issue on reddit while looking at the notification to update the app to 3.22. I then opened the app before downloading the update. Confirmed settings -> keypass setup was present. Downloaded and installed the update. Then settings -> keypass setup was gone. Many other people have also reported the absence of keypass in android 3.22 but still present on apple 3.22. Some even on the same account.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.